News:

• May 10, 2024, 05:15:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Norvel is coming back?  (Read 796 times)

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Norvel is coming back?
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »
 Good news! According to the latest issue of Flying Models (pg 27 Oct 2010) Norvel is back. Same engines with the new name being "NV" apparently. The mag has the rest of the onfo...
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Norvel is coming back?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 11:50:53 PM »
I'm waiting for a web site to drool over.

I've got one of their 049 sport engines, and I like it.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 05:46:46 AM »
         I've heard these rumors over and over for the past few years. Hopefully , since this is in the mag its realistic. NV is casted on some of their engines. I know from some of the magazines in the mid 90's the engine manufacturer was just knows as Northern Velocity which was later condensed. This is a must come back company. You don't realize what you have until its gone. I paid under $30.00 for engines that merely had box damage. From a user standpoint , I would've bought a dozen of them. I really didn't like them initially until I figured out their break in procedures and prop sizes. Once these engines needed parts it became increasingly difficult . Ebay sure lent itself to the Norvel users but that too dried up. Engine costs have soared so much that it almost made it so you wouldn't want to use them. This led me back to the swap meets. Unfortunately though, it appears that Ebay sets the precedent for most sellers to base their prices on. In any event, I hope engines didn't change much and that parts will still interchange. Ken

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 06:12:32 AM »
for about a month now there has been posts about the norvel's on the rcu 1/2a forum and it seems that the guy in cali. that is the importer is sending out orders and ships fast. i would order some parts but i think i will wait and see if this is infact the same norvel quality as the old.
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 06:18:32 AM »
the nv importer  Klondike17@juno.com
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here