News:

• May 05, 2024, 05:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Norvel engine on the bay  (Read 951 times)

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Norvel engine on the bay
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:43:27 PM »
Anyone interested in a .061 Norvel , look on the bay under Norvel,.  buy it now for 30.00 including shipping. I got mine today. Has glow plug and drive washer included , just uses the bigger cooling fins.  GReat deal!
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: Norvel engine on the bay
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
            Ray, the picture is quite small. Is this engine the same crankcase as a typical engine? I was trying to figure out what kind of drive it had or even if the crank was the same. I believe it was used for a car. If its the same thats a great bargain. Thanks, Ken Cook

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »
Kenneth , will give a full report maybe by sat afternoon. The crank case appears the same with the same mounting pattern, don't know how the car guys get to the glo plug in those big heads, so i will fit with standard head. Also , the crank threads doesn't appear to be the same. Will let you know asap.  Ray
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:03:45 PM »
I don't have one of these but I did buy 2 0.074 norvel heli engines.

If it like the heli engine, you are going to need to find a prop screw and washer (prop side).  I dimpled the prop drive with a punch to give it some grip. Either dump the head or cut it down.  One one we cut the fins down with a lathe.      I don't know that it matters.  Both aren't broke in yet.  They are to be used on flying clowns. 

This is easy and a great way to get a norvel. 
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »
Break in complete, took off the big fins and replaced with standard norvell head and plug, had a time figuring prop screw, ends up it is a 5-40 like the cox motors,most norvells are 3mm.  Ran in at 17,200 on a 6x3 prop and finished up at 20,500 on a 5x3 . Runs Great, sweet deal. I now have plenty of norvells, i think?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here