News:

• May 01, 2024, 08:30:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Plane for 2009  (Read 733 times)

Offline John Crocker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
New Plane for 2009
« on: February 16, 2009, 05:22:01 AM »
Now that duck season is over time to get flying.  Finished the trim up on this last night, a variation of the Mini Force Part Duex.  My 8 yr old named it the "Thunderbird", and  I thought it was appropriate.  Approx 33" span about 11 oz.  AP .061 power.  Did a TERRIBLE job on the covering, but really did not expect much since its been about 8 mos since I played with any of the stuff.  Hope to maiden today.

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: New Plane for 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:51:25 AM »
Looks great John!,, bring it over some time and we can put it on some 42' or even 50 foot lines. The ball field up the street lets me fly there any time they aren't playing. Take care,, Ray
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:08:41 PM »
      John, I know you've had plenty of practice with this engine. I just purchased one from Hobby People. Do you just wire open the carb?
Can I assume this engine is just like the Norvel's? I was looking into the carb and that hole seems pretty small. I was noticing the tank on your mini force. Do you use muffler pressure on that set up or is that a uniflow setup?Looks great though, hope its a winner. Ken

Offline John Crocker

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:53:28 PM »
Yep, wire open the carb and run muffler pressure back to the tank.  Pressure is not necessary, but I like to do a lot of back to back wingovers and have had it kill the engine before. 

Make sure the hole in the throttle valve is all the way open and I'd recommend taking the engine apart and wiping down with alcohol prior to running, there's usually some leftover filings.

I've been very happy with the AP's except when I've crashed inverted.  If the needle takes a hit in the crash, you will tear up the bolts holding the venturi on.  I finally started using JB weld to hold them in place and have had no issues.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here