News:

• May 06, 2024, 04:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NEW MUSCIANO KIT  (Read 673 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
NEW MUSCIANO KIT
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:23:24 PM »
     I thought I might get this one out for the Musciano contest, well I'm a little late. The wing span is 23" area 86 square inches.
F-51 Mustang hollow log plane.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: NEW MUSCIANO KIT
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 08:49:39 AM »
Since you purposely do not duplicate the old Scientific designs, what are the differences between your kit and the old one?
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:20 AM »
Well Larry, the wing tips are different, the TE on ours goes all of the way to the end of the wing, the old one stopped about 1/2" short and blended in with a taper on the main wing tip. We make the fuselage in one piece, they had a tail block added to theirs. We use a elevator dowel rod to avoid the large hole in the rudder. Their fin wrapped around the stabilizer to form part of the fuselage tail, we made that part of the fuselage. They put a dip in the top of the fuselage under the canopy, we did not and we did not add a head rest. They cemented 4 pieces together to make the radiator we used a carved block. The last item was to move the cylinder of the engine to the down position to clean up the appearance. Our wing is 3/16" and can be airfoiled.
     I also include beam mounts for that type of engine as the plane is rated for .049 to .099 engines and the plan shows a McCoy .099 as an option.
Larry
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:11:46 AM by LARRY RICE »

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 07:19:08 AM »
That all sounds like improvements to me.  Good Show.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »
     Most of the changes that we make we go over them with Walt first. The dowel rod in the elevator was the way he started designing these kits but Scientific changed that to save money, the 3/16" wings were standard until Scientific found that thinner was cheaper. Almost all of the changes that they made were to save cost, while I am not free from that I do have a little more room to wiggle in.
Larry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here