News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:48:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MP Jet back in production!  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
MP Jet back in production!
« on: June 30, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »
Hello everyone,
  I have just found out that the MP Jet 0.61 engines (From the Czech Republic or is it Slovakia?) are back in production after a 10 year break. I believe that the glow and diesel versions are available. The engines are the ball raced variety and there seems to be no intention of reintroducing the plain bearing versions. I have never owned one, but they are very well made and quality engines. The ones that I have seen have been very powerful.
  Has anyone had any direct experience of these engines. Prices are around $120, but for that you get a beautiful engineered piece of kit. I shall be buying one when I have saved up the cash. I would rather support EU manufacturers than Chinese ones.

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: MP Jet back in production!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »
My experience with them is that they are very powerful, but leak fuel out the crankshaft and will not reliably run through a stunt pattern.  Good for FF power events and R/C use, probably excellent for C/L training and scale.  I got rid of all mine.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
Re: MP Jet back in production!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 04:03:46 AM »
Hello Larry,
  That is interesting, the  last one I saw was a glow and it was very wet around the nose when it was running. Looking very carefully, the fuel wasn't coming out of the crankshaft nose, but blowing out of the venturi! The engine was overpropped and wasn't making sufficient rpm for the timing. A smaller prop cured this and the "wet nose " went away.
  I shall try the diesel version (I am a diesel freak), this may be a bit more stunt friendly.

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here