News:

• April 28, 2024, 08:45:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: McCoy Mounting Dimensions?  (Read 577 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
McCoy Mounting Dimensions?
« on: September 12, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »
I just measured up my McCoy 049, thinking that whatever the mounting dimensions are, they'd round to some easy fraction of an inch.

I was wrong: it looks like the radial mounts are on an equilateral triangle, 0.837 inches (+/- 0.005 at least) on a side.  This doesn't seem to round out to anything sensible.

So -- anyone know for sure?  I'm really not good at measuring hole centers, as I find out whenever I finish drilling something up and go to try to bolt it onto something else.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
Re: McCoy Mounting Dimensions?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
Frankly, I tend to have the same problem whenever relying on measurements to locate mounting holes.  Just set the backplate, or tank back, or whatever carries the mounting lugs, where you want it and mark through the lugs themselves.  I do this with beam mounts also.  (Almost) foolproof; if only I weren't so good at doing fool things...
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: McCoy Mounting Dimensions?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 05:45:19 PM »
Well, you're too late.  I've already drilled my test stand from measurements.  I can't say I nailed it, but everything fit on the first try (using a 3/32" bit instead of a #43 helped).
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here