News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LittleAxe repair  (Read 912 times)

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
LittleAxe repair
« on: May 26, 2007, 07:34:58 PM »
So here's as far as I've gotten putting the LA back together.  Got the wing back on, new ribs, new tip, flap reattached, controls ready to go.  Just need now to finish the wing/LE sheeting, rebuild the fuselage upper half and get a new rudder on; cover the wing, repaint, and go fly.

Bonus pics:  My backyard flying circle for 1/4A--15' lines.  Garage/shed on the left, lilac bush on the right, elm tree center back; ash tree you can't see at the near right, just offstage.  See my concrete center?  The takeoff pad (aka picnic table) has been moved a little too far in, for mowing.  It normally will sit about 5' closer to the camera.   

Finally, a very cool wood engraving made for me by a little friend.  It's a kit I'm sure; still, I thought she did a great job with it.  Got it hanging in my office. 

--Ray
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: LittleAxe repair
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 08:06:11 AM »
that wood carving is seperate pieces inset isn't it. I think it is called "entarsia" or something. Is that little friend your granddaughter?

Oh.............the repairs look very well done. It looks like you didn't gain much weight at all.

Nice yard too.................. y1
Frank Carlisle

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
Re: LittleAxe repair
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
My friend is a little 12-year-old at church, very sweet girl.  She found out about my airplane interest, and made this for me.  Yes, it's seperate pieces of wood.  As I said, I guess it's a kit of some kind you just glue together, but it makes a very interesting picture. 

The LA shouldn't be more than a half ounce or so heavier, it can handle it OK.  If I can just keep away from those unscheduled landings now...

--Ray
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here