News:

• May 09, 2024, 03:44:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: lead out holes??  (Read 630 times)

Offline Augsburger

• Augsburger
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
lead out holes??
« on: February 14, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »
I'm stuck.  I'm almost ready to cover my Combat Kitten and I can't figure out how I will cover a tapered wing tip with lead outs.  Eyelets?  Form fitted wood for the wing tip?  How do I do it? I would like the lead outs to be durable but I would like the wing tip to cover nicely as well.  I've looked at as many pics as I can on the site and I can't figure out the method.  Pics would be greatly appreciated so I can see what you're doing.
Wilder Eber

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
Re: lead out holes??
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 05:29:21 PM »
The easiest way to do this is to use a tube cut at an angle where the covering will meet it.

The tube can be something simple and light. Plastic coffee stir stick, WD 40 straw, or from other aerosol can like carb cleaner, Brakleen, etc. Or you can roll your own. Roll a tube of papar about an inch wide and about three inches long. You won't use the entire three inch length but it is easier to work with. roll it pretty tight but keep in mind you will pass a wire or cable through it. Once you have a couple of layers on the tube it is thick enough. Cut the excess length and lightly glue the tube and let it set.

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Augsburger

• Augsburger
  • Lieutenant
Re: lead out holes??
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 05:56:15 PM »
beautimous.  what I was thinking.   thanks for the tip.....
Wilder Eber

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here