News:

• April 30, 2024, 11:32:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Latest project Brodak F82  (Read 819 times)

Offline Robert W

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Latest project Brodak F82
« on: January 24, 2009, 04:33:16 PM »
Just thought I would share what I have been working on with my friends on the form. This is a F82 from the Brodak kit with a few modification that would allow for the surestart motors. I have a few more details to complete before it will be ready for a test flight. I plan to power it with two worked on surestart .049s.
AMA 28627

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Latest project Brodak F82
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:48:30 PM »
Hi Robert,
Looks great! y1
We have done many first flights at our field, including Walt Umland's Ringmaster Imperial.
IF you want to drive before you fly, let me know.
Roger V.
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »
            Robert, that is a beautiful job you did on it. I loved my F-82 Brodak kit. I powered mine with 2 Blackwidows. I needed a little tail weight to compensate for the nose projecting out. I lost mine due to a bad engine run in a wingover. I have another scheduled for a build shortly. I was going to due the same with the surestarts. Mine flew terrifically until it met its demise. I had about 60 flights on it when this happened. Mine was real fast and a lot of fun. It was capable of doing anything you put it through. I planned on redoing the gear to make it a bit beefier. The surestarts should work great and consistent. Keep in mind that you can't see the elevator when out in the circle. Its a bit painful when you don't have your handle marked and you pick it up the wrong way. Ask me how I know. Ken

Offline nobler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
I fly a Scientific F-82 (Fox 049s) in the Musciano Meets. Make sure, of course, that the inboard engine is turning a bit more rpm than the outboard.

When tuned properly, the engines sound great together. You get kind of a growl, and that beat. Mine is for the Speed competition, and the fact that it is noseheavy makes it a very stable flyer. Currell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here