News:

• May 06, 2024, 12:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: KIT PREVIEW FAST EDDY  (Read 1280 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
KIT PREVIEW FAST EDDY
« on: March 08, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
   This is a pre-production model of a skimmer that we will release next week. A skimmer slides over wet grass, snow, ice or water. This model is called "Fast Eddy" and is listed at $12.00.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: KIT PREVIEW FAST EDDY
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 03:49:18 PM »
I have seen RC versions of this.  How do you controll it?
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 04:36:36 PM »
You cah tethered it to a pole to go in a circle, on a straight line like a dragster or free.... catch as catch can.
Larry

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 07:30:28 PM »
Where would one find the site to order one?  Would like to see a few more pics of her.  Looks great.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »
We are doing an order for Sam's Stuff and Hobbies right now and they will get the first ones. You can get dealer information and their address and phone number from the dealer page of WWW.BLACKHAWKMODELS.COM
Larry

PS
A windshield comes with it too.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 11:34:02 PM »
Interesting how much downthrust you need!  What happened when you had the engine pointed straight back?  I see you are using the reed valve engine.  How does it compare to a Babe Bee?  And do you still have them for sale?
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:31:46 AM »
Hi, Larry;
     The down thrust is 25º. I wanted it to be straight but in test that did not work out. We needed at least 1/2" ground clearance on the prop tip and that caused a taller model and a wider one to make it not top heavy. Our larger (straight) model "Eddie" worked well on smooth clean surfaces like water but over rough terrain it's nose would raise to much causing the prop to hit. The other problem we had was ground debris being kicked up into the prop, and that could be dangerous. We added the plate under the engine that keeps junk out and when the nose comes up the prop is still clear. The engine angle proved to get the nose back down quicker and make it more stable. It also make it possible to make the over all project smaller and get the price down to $12.00. The smaller skimmer was also faster and so it became "Fast Eddy".
     This engine is a .060 OK R. It is not in production any longer....to bad. They sent this one to me as a demo and I have never run it. Nothing is as good as a Cox....I well get letters about that.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »
Larry,
     You would love to work here. In the design and develop department I have two designers and a draftsman. The designers are given a free hand to come up with new ideas and to develop the ones I have, that makes this whole thing fun. As you know we are the only company that is not afraid to try new things, from skimmers, CO2 racers, tethered planes, whip powered planes, free flight, gliders, U-control, new and different wing construction and much more....as long as it is fun. We are working on a great new wing design right now and some new quick build models. The people who work here all love to come in to work, even on their days off .... so it must be fun. When we donate kits to local schools we provide tech support by sending as many people as they need ..... once as many as 5 people to assist 130 kids to build model airplanes. Last month we sent 1 fellow for a class of 30 kids for 3 days. The people who work here volunteer there time.
IT IS GREAT!!!
Larry
PS
We put a smile in every kit.

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 02:32:02 AM »
That would be my fantasy job!
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here