News:

• May 05, 2024, 02:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Info required on some old small glow engines.  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Info required on some old small glow engines.
« on: January 01, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »
Hello everyone,
I have just been going through some old 1/2A stuff. I have an old Wen Mac Mk 12 without a needle valve. Does anyone know the thread on these NVs? I believe them to be the simple wire type with a thread cut on them. Impossible for me to measure the tpi on the inside of the spraybar. Can anyone help?
I also have a couple of OK cubs. The first is an 0.99 in excellent shape , just requiring a prop bolt. Being based in UK, I don't have many small US standard bolts, so does anyone know what size prop bolt this takes?
The other OK engine is a bit of a mystery, it has 0.6 (yes 0.6 NOT 0.06!) cast on the bottom of the crankcase. It also has a spring starter (defunct) and no prop bolt again (size? it looks a tad smaller than the 0.99 bolt). It has a simple metal tank on the back and the extended venture and it is FRV. Nothing in the Tim Dannels Encyclopedia seems to fit this beast, unless it is really an 0.049 or an 0.074 in disguise! So if you can identify the prop bolt size and tell me if the spring starter can be repaired (I am fairly handy at repairs!).

Happy New Year,

Andrew.

BMFA Number 64862

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Re: Info required on some old small glow engines.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »
Hi Andrew,

Trust you had a wonderful Christmas, as we did here.

I'm pretty sure I have a NIP needle valve that will fit your Wen-Mac engine. Since you have helped me a great deal with PAW engine parts, it's the least I can do for you.

If anyone knows the OK .099 screw size and will reply here,  I'll include a package of those as well.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
Re: Info required on some old small glow engines.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:19:06 AM »
Hello Bill!
A very happy new year to you and your family! Thanks for the very kind offer of a needle valve for the little Wen Mac. I think I am going to try a Nelson Turbo plug in a modified head if I get carried away with this little engine!
  Seems a pity not to use these engines, so building is going ahead to give them an airframe to fly in. Grandchildren are a great excuse (er, ...... I mean reason!) for a little more building.

Thanks and a happy New Year!

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here