News:

• May 01, 2024, 05:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: health issues  (Read 1084 times)

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
health issues
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:40:48 PM »
I thought I should bring everyone up to date on my recent trials 'n tribulations re: heart and thyroid, in case anyone's wondering what I've been doing lately. Been dealing the last month or 6 weeks with atrial fibrillation and flutter, not a pleasant experience...like a fish flopping in your chest. Several ER trips and two hospital stays. Latest diagnosis is an overactive thyroid, Graves' disease to be specific, that's at least contributing to the heart problem.  Friday I take a big dose of radioactive iodine to kill the thyroid gland--dunno if I'll glow or not, I'll certainly report it if I do!  Then we mess around over the next 4 to 6 months getting the dosage right on replacement hormones. Meanwhile, next week I submit to more testing on the heart, and confer with the cardiologists--who knows what they have up their sleeve for me.  Already did a catheter ablation, ran a wire up from a leg vein into the heart, trying to burn out some redundant circuitry--not too successful. 

This is a Whole New Experience for me, always been disgustingly healthy up til now. Serendipitiously (sp.?), my kit business has fallen 'way off which is good since I haven't felt like doing any cutting, no flying or building either. I'm now shooting for a Big Comeback next Spring.

Perhaps more than you wanted to know. Just understand, if you order a kit, be prepared to exercise much patience.

--Ray
Minnesotamodeler
http://snipurl.com/9igp
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline Just One-eye

• Another Old Fart
  • Commander
Re: health issues
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »
Shoot fire!  None of that sounds like a picnic!  Good luck, and don't forget we're in your corner, rooting for you to recover completely. 

Online ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »
Good luck to one of the nicest folks i have never met in person!!! My invite for next weeks contest still is open. Get well soon !! Always the greatest service and best kits, anyone who has not used Ray's services is missing something special. y1 Your friend, Ray in NC.
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 07:42:57 PM »
Hey thanks guys for the good words, almost worth getting sick for.
--Ray 
AMA902472

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:18:38 AM »
Getting sick and dealing with all the BS is definitley not worth kind words and well wishes. I would rather you were healthy and keeping us updated on your latest projects and products- which always interest and delight me.

Keep up the fight- getting things sorted out can be a real pain, but they really do some amazing stuff with medication and procedures these days. I expect you will be up and at it again pretty soon- and remember model building and flying is great therapy. Too bad we can't get a RX for planes and engines!

Oh yeah - a UM hockey game will also usually make you feel better- unless they happen to lose to the Badgers or Fighting Souix!

Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 08:37:28 AM »
Thanks Bill. We do live in a blessed age.  How many of us would be dead from our ailments if this were a century ago!

I know it's sacrilege up here, but I'm not a hockey fan--don't understand the rules, can't keep up with where the puck is, don't care for the gratuitous violence in the pro version, though college level is better.  Much rather watch the Vikings if they can ever get it all together.  Recent game against the Saints wasn't particularly good for the heart though.
--Ray 
AMA902472

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »
Hey Ray,  take care of yourself and follow the doctors orders.  Still haven't flown the planes the girls built as it is their first ones to be built.  Can't convince them that tall grass won't hurt them.  Now get back to being healthy again.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 11:34:06 AM »
Thanks John--and Bill--and Ray--and One-Eye.
--Ray 
AMA902472

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here