News:

• May 12, 2024, 05:17:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: half A pinto build  (Read 672 times)

Offline Dick Carville

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
half A pinto build
« on: April 23, 2020, 08:17:13 AM »
A few weeks ago I asked for some advice about a TD 049, since I know nothing about half A.

You guys gave me some great advice so I thought I'd share my progress on the project

I’m getting close with this little half A model.  Next step is to put it all together, then finish.

This little stuff has been a challenge. mostly to keep from crushing it while I working on it.

The control horns had to be made and they are bullet proof. The wire was supposed to be 1/16th but I grabbed 3/32 and did not notice it until I was done. Not much flex in these babies!

That is why I put on a scab patch of 1/64 ply ,in case I have to tweak them.

All the parts in the picture add up to 5oz

Offline Dick Carville

• Lieutenant
Re: half A pinto build
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 08:20:03 AM »
Don't know how to use SH very well could not get it to accept two pictures

Offline Dick Carville

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 05:39:35 PM »
   Ya Ty  I did know it was an Oriental.  The article Dick Mathis wrote about it in 1972 said it was a  Oriental resize. Having fun with it. Built it mostly from my scrap box

I needed something to do with all this stay  at home stuff. I just have no room for a bigger ship so I went half A. I have 6 sixty size ships , 3 classic size  , about 6 old time and about 4 sport ships - no more room!

Dick

Online 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 08:29:48 PM »
Mr. Dick,
I'm taking notes. This one is still in the box in my hobby closet. I considered an AP or Norvel .061. But that can change once I see how yours goes.
Thanks for sharing!

Offline Dick Carville

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 07:41:29 AM »
Jim
 I found Dick Mathis article  very helpful. See it on SH

https://stunthanger.com/smf/12-a-building/pinto-12a-stunter-article-from-fm-1272-by-dick-mathis/msg571761/#msg571761.

I scratch built it to Dick Mathis plan . The only change I made was to slow up the controls. You can see on the plans he used the lower hole on the flap horn for the flaps. I thought that would make the controls very fast. I used the upper hole on flap horn for the flaps and actually increased the distance on the upper hole from what the old Veco horn would have been.

We'll see how it works out

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here