News:

• May 02, 2024, 06:12:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fuji 0.05 R/C ABN  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Fuji 0.05 R/C ABN
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:20:03 AM »
Hello all,
I had an email from Mecoa, about their week long sale. One of the engines was the above named Fuji, not cheap at $69.99, but at least it is a genuine 1/2 A engine (I think?) rather than the .061  Wasp. Does anyone know anything about it? It probably isn't as good a bet as a Wasp, but just curious, you don't see many "modern" 1/2 A engines about?

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
Re: Fuji 0.05 R/C ABN
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »
Andrew,

save your money. It wasn't a real success when marketed as the Fugi and MECOA bought the company and are probably liquidating the inventory that they have. Don't look for this one to be a longtime competator in any 1/2A market

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »
Hello Dennis,
Thanks for the warning! I now have enough Cox, Wasps and Norvels to last me into extreme old age! I was just curious as to what they were like. You are probably correct about RJL just liquidating old Fuji stock.
I have a very good Norwegian friend who spent his early teens in Japan (his father was an engineer with SAS airlines). He always claimed that Fuji were better than Enya or OS!! Not quite my experience long ago, but some of their engines were good. Now I remember a Fuji pulse jet I had......... whoops getting off topic.

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:41:34 AM »
Andrew i think the moderator is a ok with any pulse jet comments. #^
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:49:23 AM »
Thanks Joey!
Well when I was about 13, I traded some stuff for a Fuji pulse jet. I took it to school and one lunch hour I persuaded my Physics master to sort out the ignition system. He didn't realise what he was doing! I had the instructions and a bicycle pump so I decided to run it with the help of a friend. I got ignition and what a racket! The mounting was not exactly secure and the jet took off in the direction of the school field. Fortunately running out of fuel and landing on the cricket field!
As if that were not bad enough, my headmaster was walking up the school drive on his way home. He saw and heard everything....................! Next morning I was hauled into his office and got a good caning for my efforts. He was 6ft 6ins in height and an ex Oxford Rugby Blue, my didn't that hurt! It almost put me off pulse jets for ever and I wasn't too keen on Fuji products either after that!

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here