News:

• May 21, 2024, 11:04:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: fuel related question  (Read 909 times)

Offline kenneth cook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
fuel related question
« on: May 04, 2008, 05:25:49 AM »
        I posted a question months ago concerning bladders inside of wings. I have a combat kitten currently with a tee dee mounted in the nose. I was told this is way too much engine for this particular plane. I personally didn't have any real issues with its power other than the fact its turns can be quite fast. I've had the fuel run away from the pickup which caused some issues. I had the plane even quit in a hard manuever. I've tried richening the run only to find poor running qualities. The plane has a long wedge Perfect tank built into the wing as shown on the plans. I've done a few things such as lengthened the lines, used a smaller pitch prop, added additional shim under the plug. I even swithced back to stock Cox plugs. I now have a tee dee with a 4-2-4 break. This has made the engine more friendly, but not what I expect from a tee dee. I've capped one side of the tank hoping to improve fuel draw but same problems as usual. Is it possible to pressurize one of the vent tubes of the tank I'm using with a balloon as an assist?

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
Re: fuel related question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 06:11:53 AM »
cap one of your vent tubes and run crankcase pressure to the other vent tube.  i am using a similar setup on my baby clown  norvell .061 perfect tank on muffler pressure.
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 05:55:57 PM »
Larry Kruse has an excellent write up on making bladder tanks in his F/F sport column in the latest, June 2008, Flying Models.  Tells what to use and where to get it.  It would be wonderful if some one could contact Larry Kruse and get him to post the bare bones of the matter here.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »
Unless you have already cut it off, there is a built-in pressure tap on the Tee Dee line.  That little nipple on the side gives you just a hint of pressure.  Rotate the crankshaft to where the port is in line with the nipple, drill a .015 hole through the center.  Now you have  amild crankcase pressure line!

There are several ways to assure that the line stays on that nipple.

1. CA the hose in place
2.  Carefully scribe around the nipple with a #11 blade to create traction bands
3.  Take a 2x56 T nut, and turn the flange down to create a hose nipple.  This will screw right onto the engine nipple.  Some silicone seal might be good insurance.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here