News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:45:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Free Control Handles  (Read 930 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Free Control Handles
« on: March 04, 2009, 07:18:47 AM »
     In the past we have made control handles for some of our kits, when that became to time consuming we went to using Sig handles. For some time now we have wanted to put FREE handles and lines in most of our 1/2a kits. Well we, Black Hawk Models, are doing it!!!! You can also buy the handle with two grips, makes it more comfortable in your hand, and a spool of control line for $4.00.
    The handle is very easy to use and adjust plus it provides easy line storage.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Free Control Handles
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:41:57 AM »
Nice idea, Larry.  I would suggest multiple holes for varied line spacing.  Since your kits use 2" bellcranks, the line spacing should be no more than 3", and more like 2 to 2-1/2".  The wide spacing you have will make your planes very touchy.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:54:13 AM »
     The line spacing is 3" on the handle, however there is a lot of open space for those who want a different spacing to drill a couple of holes. I decided not to put several holes in the handle for a youngster or tyro to be confused on which ones to use, but to keep it simple. The more experienced flyer will probably already have a handle that they perfer to use.
Larry

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 09:57:33 AM »
Well done, then!
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 06:33:58 AM »
Thank You, Larry. I know that you remember the locking device from a Cox design, I think that it was one of the best ever designed.
    The first of the Free handles are on there way to England now. I am looking forward to feed back.
Larry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here