News:

• May 22, 2024, 05:19:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FireBee and FireBaby pics  (Read 690 times)

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
FireBee and FireBaby pics
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »
Wow- super fast delivery! My eagerly awaited Jim Walker kits arrived today, in excellent shape. The FireBaby appears to be a later one, probably from The AJ Classics run by Frank Macy, the additional instruction sheet is in color and says "A-J Classics FIrebaby II". It still has aluminum rudder and horn /line guide / motor mount,and snap-on bubble canopy to hold the balloon tank. it's everything I could have asked for- and in mint condition!

The FireBees are original, 1 is pretty much complete and good box, so that will be the Display kit, the other will be a flier. Both have the squeeze bulb throttle, but the little actuator bellows on both engines are shot. Anybody got an idea of what might work as a replacement?  I suppose I could use a cut down J. Roberts unit I have stashed away somewhere, or maybe even a micro actuator / receiver unit from one of theARF  R/C foam microplanes.

Anyway- here are a couple pics i snapped.
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: FireBee and FireBaby pics
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:24:55 PM »
The plastic wing mounts make me pretty sure it is a Macy replica.

I modified my Firebaby to where it would do the entire OT pattern.  Not well, of course, but it would get through it.  n~
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here