News:

• May 01, 2024, 06:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: finally a successful tee dee run  (Read 676 times)

Offline kenneth cook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
finally a successful tee dee run
« on: September 21, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »
        Not only was the weather nice yesterday, but I think the moon and stars were aligned as well. After over a quart and a half of 35% fuel I finally got one of my tee dee's to run the way they should. I recently finished a 1/2 a proto plane which was given to me half assembled. After countless hours mostly redoing the control system I finished it. As my other posts showed I wasn't having any luck with other tee dee's. I made the tank out of brass tubing which required some tricky contours and pipe configuring to make this tank work within the belly of this plane. Its obvious a bladder is the way to go, but there were too many projections inside that I felt would puncture it. There was very little room under the bell crank which was the main problem and this is where the tank was a real pain in the !@#$. The engine is mounted inverted which took several attempts to get it to fit and provide air around it. First its very difficult to prime through a small 1/8 slot in the cowling and harder yet to hit the exhaust ports. These problems became apparent within minutes of the first attempt. I guess this is what is known as stepping stones. I'll make provisions on the next. I got it running and off it went. It wasn't too bad I was using a APC 4.75x4. The next flight I switched to a 4.2x4. This made a lot of difference in speed but take off lacked. I must say it was hauling the mail. I felt this was well worth all the trouble I faced weeks before. I applied all the info that was provided to me here and all of it made this flight appreciated. Thanks ,Ken

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here