News:

• May 09, 2024, 04:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FAST EDDY STORY  (Read 614 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
FAST EDDY STORY
« on: October 25, 2009, 07:41:49 PM »
     The "Fast Eddy" is a 1/2A skimmer that can slide over any surface and sells for only $12.00. I got this story from Alameda Calif.
     A fellow built a Fast Eddy and set it up with a Baby Bee engine. Rather than tethering it he opted to let it run free.  n1 This is not a good idea. Released at full speed Eddy skimmed over the grass, across the ashalt road, over the berm and out to sea.  LL~ LOOK out Hawaii!

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Re: FAST EDDY STORY
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
Larry,

That's funny!  LL~

I'll look for it when I'm in Hawaii next month. If it shows up, I'll email you for the compass heading home, top off the tank, and launch it in that direction.  ;D

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:23:54 PM »
I love it! I hope there arer more stories to share in the future.

Bill, before you send him off, make sure to give the pilot some eyes so that he will stay on his new heading. Provided of course you meet up with him.

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
Robert,

Now why didn't I think of that?  H^^

Reminds me of my first misadventure with a Pee Wee powered free flight. Built a Goldberg Ranger 30, installed a brand new Cox Pee Wee .020 engine, trimmed it for a perfect gliding circle, test ran the engine to check tank capacity, added what I estimated was enough fuel for a ten second engine run, and launched.

You guessed it! The engine offset was exactly enough to offset my carefully adjusted glide trim, and my tank capacity check was a little off, in fact WAY WAY off. The beautiful little Ranger flew in a perfectly straight line, climbing until it was just a speck in the sky, with the engine still screaming! It went out over the Atlantic ocean, never to be seen again.  HB~>

That was fifty years ago, and I never built another free flight airplane!  LL~

Bill

Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here