News:

• May 06, 2024, 03:58:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cox reed testing  (Read 966 times)

Offline Chancey Chorney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Cox reed testing
« on: March 31, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
Hi there again. I have come across some material that I was told was mylar. I was given a bit of it to use as reeds, but as the weather here will not allow me to get out and try it for a good month or two, I would like to send a couple of people some to try and use as reeds, and all I ask in return is wheather or not it works. Got a couple in my engines already, but as said earlier, time and weather are a big factor for me right now. I would send out a couple of strips to a couple of individuals to try, and if it works out, I will get more to pass along. Thanks. You can post or pm me if interested.

Chancey

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Cox reed testing
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 10:23:52 AM »
For some years, Cox made their engines with Mylar reeds.  They intitally started and ran very well.  The problem was that in pretty short order, they would distort from the heat of the engine after it stopped.  At that point, the starting became difficult.  I worked on this problem, and after testing a wide variety of materials, settled on the stainless steel reeds used in the last runs of engines.  As an aside, Davis Diesel makes teflon reeds, though I haven't had much luck with them.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here