News:

• May 05, 2024, 09:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak 1/2 A Flite Streak  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Vincent Corwell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Brodak 1/2 A Flite Streak
« on: June 05, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
Hi friends

Anybody flown one of these please?
I have a Wasp 061 ready to put in one
curious about the performance

Vincent    ??? ??? ???

Offline Tom Perry

• Captain
Re: Brodak 1/2 A Flite Streak
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:37:57 PM »
Hi friends

Anybody flown one of these please?
I have a Wasp 061 ready to put in one
curious about the performance

Vincent    ??? ??? ???

Vincent,

Thats a lot of engine for the Baby Flight Streak.  Be prepared to screw yourself into the ground.   LL~

Better use some long lines.
Tight lines,

Tom Perry
 Norfolk, Virginia

Offline Vincent Corwell

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:41:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply Tom
I have 38' x 018 that I used
on the small Pathfinder
worked OK
do for a starting point

Vincent

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »
I think the "small" Pathfinder is small only with respect to the Full Size Pathfinder! ;D

The Brodak Baby Flite Streak is flown around here a lot with the Norvel Big Mig 049 but with 42 foot 0.008 SS lines to slow down the "spin factor". I fly a Top Flite Baby Flite Streak with the same setup and it flies pretty nice. The Brodak version is slightly larger than the Top Flite version. I use a cut down Grish Black Tornado 5-3 (roughly to 4 3/4 x 3), and it spins up in the 20k rpm range. A lot of others are using low pitch APC props.

I know the Norvel Big Mig 061 is a lot more power -it spins a Grish Black Tornado 5-4 not cut down! also at 20k+ rpm. I am not sure exactly how the Wasp compares, but I think it might be similar. On 35 foot lines you must really be spinning! Go for pretty low pitch.

Offline Vincent Corwell

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 03:33:33 PM »
Thanks Alan

How well does this fly please?
will the Baby Streak do the pattern OK
for example

Vincent

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
           I fly mine with a Norvel Big Mig.049. I think this is the coolest little plane. I have an AME .061 as well. I'm going to mount that on. This plane is a real charm to fly. I couldn't be happier with mine. I use 35' and 42' lines depending on the wind that particular day. The nice thing about this plane is that those 2 engines and also my tee dee will directly bolt on. Initially I used the tee dee to establish the hole pattern. I had to carve out a little rounded area on the bottom bearer where the pressure nipple is located. I then decided to go with the Norvel. All is good though, the Norvel isn't as quite thirsty as the tee dee. The plan shows the gear slightly angled back towards the leading edge. If I did another one I'd opt for straight down or slightly fwd. Mine seems to trip over itself at times. I wasn't terribly crazy about the two piece leading edge but it worked. Ken Cook

Alan Hahn

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »
Thanks Alan

How well does this fly please?
will the Baby Streak do the pattern OK
for example

Vincent
Vincent,
The Baby FS certainly can do the entire pattern with ease (especially with Norvel power levels). I balance mine close to the leading edge, otherwise it is really sensitive ---similar to its bigger brothers! It is a nice flyer.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 08:34:37 AM »
Scott Dinger took home the Leprechaun "Pot 'o Gold" trophy two years running with the Baby Flite Streak powered with a Tee Dee .049.  It is a very capable design.  I think, though, that a really, really light Jr. Flite Streak with a Big Mig or AP Wasp .061 would be dynamite!  I saw one with a Tee Dee .09 at VSC one year, and it flew great.  No real effort at lightening on that one, so I think with the .008 lines instead of .012, and added lightness the .061 would suffice.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Alan Hahn

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 09:07:55 AM »
I'm betting that the TD09 could probably fly the full size Arf Flite Streak on suitable lines. I'm powering mine with a Fox 15BB on a 7-4 prop with 52 foot lines.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »
One final (?) thought:  Lose that little plastic bellcrank and put in one at least 2-1/2" or 3" if you can fit it.  That and a longer control horn plus proper handle spacing will let you balance the model a lot farther back while maintaining smooth control.  On the Sky Sport, I have a 2-1/2" bellcrank, about 1" control horn (giving roughly 1/2 the bellcrank throw angle at the elevator), and 2" line spacing.  It is still very quick on the corners.

Flying on 45' lines, a 1/2A has a LOT of room, so really tight cornering is not required.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here