News:

• May 19, 2024, 06:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby Ringmaster kit value?  (Read 654 times)

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Baby Ringmaster kit value?
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:42:32 PM »
Found a kit that I bought a long time ago, but completely forgot about.  ::)

I was looking in old kit boxes for something, when I spotted a Sterling Baby Ringmaster kit box that I thought had scrap balsa inside. Opened it, and found a complete kit! Then it suddenly came back to me that I had started this kit years ago, but found the slotted LE piece was cracked, so I put it all away until I could find some replacement stock. Never found the right size stock, and eventually forgot about the kit.

Parts have been carefully cut from the die cut sheets, and sanded lightly to remove rough edges. They parts were carefully repacked, and look as nice as laser cut parts, but without the burned edges. The LE was carefully repaired with Titebond, and is smooth and straight. If I weren't such a darn perfectionist, I would have built it that way.  HB~>

Anyway, I've been watching eBay to get an idea of kit values, and even searched the closed sales, but found nothing. I'd like to build one of these for old times sake, but could easily scratch build one to preserve this kit, or buy one of Pat's fine kits.

What do you think, should I build this Sterling kit, or..........?

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Dennis_Langworthy

• New Pilot
Re: Baby Ringmaster kit value?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:02:12 AM »
Build the kit, if not it will just sit around for years until you think about building it again.  There is a beautiful Ringmaster that has been waiting for years to emerge from that box and take it's wings and fly.  Give it a chance

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 07:39:59 AM »
If you need the hobby money put it on eBay.
If you want to build it for old time sake build the kit using nothing but 1955 style glue silks span etc.
If you want the best in a flyable Ringmaster go for a Pat kit.

Or you could keep it unbuilt and dream of the good old days.

D>K  H^^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 09:06:54 AM »
I also have not seen too many Baby Ringmaster kits on the bay.  If it had all the parts still in the sheet wood like it came from the hobby shop it might bring a good price.  Even if it is as you stated it could still bring a decent price.  As with any auctions it depends on the bidders/buyers.  The other thing is when is best time to put something on the bay.  I have taken a beating in the past and at the same made some good money.   Used to do the reserve thing, but not anymore.  Set my starting price and hope.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here