News:

• May 09, 2024, 05:13:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Nairplane -- a nupdate  (Read 725 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
A Nairplane -- a nupdate
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:01:22 PM »
Done (quite a while ago, but I've been having fun flying it).  Note the repair on the "fuselage" -- that came early on, learning how to sleeve launch in the horse field.

Final weight includes 0.4 ounces of tail weight -- if I do it again the engine's going way back!

Thumb down to the bottom:  http://www.ccwebster.net/robintim/anairplane/

It flies much better than this one: .
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A Nairplane -- a nupdate
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 09:35:34 AM »
Yep, not enough up or forgetting to give down on launch to level off.  I like the layout. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:38:36 AM »
Yep, not enough up or forgetting to give down on launch to level off.  I like the layout. H^^
Actually it was recovering from the surprise of 1/4 a circle's worth of slack lines.  You have to make sure it's headed _up_ right after it comes out of the sleeve, so it'll still be flying when the lines get tension -- and then you have to have the elevator roughly right, or you break the plane in two.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline John Crocker

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »
yep, those el cheapo stick planes are a blast, just like I said.  Whats really fun is to do full contact combat with them.  You only have a buck or 2 in each plane, ramming your buddies in the combat ring is a blast.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here