News:

• May 21, 2024, 11:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2A YES C/L NO GREAT LAKES  (Read 819 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
1/2A YES C/L NO GREAT LAKES
« on: May 11, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »
This is a new kit from Black Hawk Models, while it is a 1/2A model (.020 to .049) it is not Control Line, it is a Free Flight. This type of model is called an Ebenezer due to it's low price and simple sheet construction. Every year over 100 of this type of models are released in a mass launch in the UK and Aus. some in the US too.
     Wing span is 16" top amd 15" bottom. List price is $25.00 a true Ebenezer Great Lakes Bipe.

Here is the Ebeneezer contest in the UK:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1047837
Thanks Robert!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:12:48 PM by LARRY RICE »

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
Re: 1/2A YES C/L NO GREAT LAKES
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »
Very nice! I hope this one flys off the  shelves!

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:12:14 AM »
Nw that's what I call prop clearance...it oughtta jump off the ground at that AOA.

Larry, are the wings that foam-board stuff, or sheet balsa?
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 07:11:43 AM »
       The contest rules require all sheet balsa be used in the construction. We spent a lot of time designing the assembly of this model due to the AOA of the wings them selves. We, I am including Chuck the draftsman and builder of the model, wanted to wings to lineup automatically with out a lot of fuss, that was the hardest part. This plane really hauls on an .020 pee wee engine and if a .049 is used I would put the prop on backwards to slow the plane down. The plane is ideal for us old timers who don't want to spend the day chasing planes all over or repairing silk span.
      We have a lot of new stuff comming out this summer, Ray, I will be looking forward to your in put.

At the CAD/Laser department now: 1/2a -A size full fuselage Mustang C/L
                                                1/2a -A size full fuselage Twin Mustang C/L
                                                1/2a -A size full fuselage low wing free flight
                                                .15 size full fuselage Tethered Trainer C/L
                                                .35 to .60 full fuselage Stunt Rocket C/L
At the draftsman Large out door rubber powered Sky Hawk free flight
                        a Vintage 1/2A R/C model

Just keeping out of trouble
Larry

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »
Careful what you ask for, I'm always ready to put in...

I know completely nothing about freeflight or RC, or non-controlled tethered models, but I'm just full of opinions about 1/2A CL--sport, stunt, combat, novelty, whatever.

Seriously, I'm always interested in seeing what you offer--plenty of neat kits across a wide spectrum.
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 07:01:34 PM »
Here is an autobiography of Bert Striegler who invented the Ebenezer. http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/museum/bio/Striegler.pdf He is an extremely interesting person with a wide range of modeling interests.  He told me that Ebenezer was from the bible.  When you came to a new place, you put up a rock tower, called an ebenezer, to inform the folks around that you had arrived.  Bert has an RC Ebenezer, maybe 30 in wingspan, which he published in Aeromodeller.  Also a foam RC parkflier type with an electric motor.  He is heavily involved in developing a museum about the airforce training base near Brady, TX, during WWII.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here