News:

• May 08, 2024, 10:16:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2A Combat at the Canadian Nats  (Read 602 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
1/2A Combat at the Canadian Nats
« on: July 18, 2009, 10:44:12 AM »
We have been given permission run 1/2A Combat at The MAAC Nats in Dresden, Friday, August 21, after the official events are  complete.  The official adgenda for the day is LA25 Sport Race, Speed Limit Combat, and Jim Walker Event.

Basicially regular AMA HIGH PERFORMANCE 1/2A rules apply, .012" x 42' lines.
In addition:

Only one model per contestant.  This is the first attempt to resurrect this event since circa 1990 at Huron Park.  You don't need a whole rack of models to have an equal chance.  If you DO have rack of models, employ hired guns.  There will be plenty in the house.
No additional entry fee.  Your low pay-one-price fee will cover his event, too.
There will be prizes, but not enough to retire on.
In keeping with current AMA Nats practice, electric starters are permitted.
In keeping with current Beanfield practice, there will be an "off the clock" starting period.

Paul Smith

Offline Graham Collins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Re: 1/2A Combat at the Canadian Nats
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:46:32 AM »
Hey Paul,

It is good see that there will be some sort of Canadian Control Line NATS this year and that 1/2a combat will be a part of it.

I have a soft spot for 1/2a combat - not that I am an accomplished flyer, not even close. I have built and played around with many over the years because they are generally easy and quick to build and fun to fly.

I keep seeing your postings on some of the events and your participation at the T&D and Brodaks, NATS (and your placing in the Perky class). I gotta start getting out more. There isn't any much activity around Ottawa, Toronto is two day trip - 6 hours drive one way, and the bean field would be a three day trip - 9 hours drive one way. Still, both doable but work and family always seem to get in way.

Now, how about some speed at the Canadian Control Line NATS - last time I saw any of that was at Centralia in the mid 90's. The Bean field doesn't have a paved circle but it is not impossible to fly off a well prepared grass/dirt circle particularily some of the proto events.

I have the date marked on my calendar and I may just make a mad dash drive for the weekend to attend.

Cheers, Graham in Embrun near Ottawa Canada

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here