News:

• May 05, 2024, 05:39:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2 A Scientific kits  (Read 752 times)

Offline GGeezer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • Gizmogeezer Products
1/2 A Scientific kits
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:53:07 AM »
Attention all Scientific 1/2A kit fans,
I was just 'window' shopping on ebay and discovered that there are over 30 Scientific kits for sale.
Type 'Scientific' into the advanced search under 'Toys and Hobbies', then look in both the 'R/C and Control Line' and 'Models and Kits' sub-categories.

Orv.

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
Re: 1/2 A Scientific kits
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »
Yeah. Someone named "Ken" said he'd listed a bunch of 'em on the yahoo! C/L Board last night. Signs himself "exxyankee". All I know . . .

(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline nobler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:37:14 PM »
Yes, very interesting batch of kits. Most are the more recent 60s box (Walt's picture in the box art), but there are exceptions, like the Little Devil. This is a good one, as it has the fatter airfoil (first version of the kit).

A few other kits stick out as relatively rare among Scientifics, and not that often offered on ebay, swap meets, etc.

Mighty Mite (bipe). Very difficult to find.

Cessna Skyhawk

Cub Rescue

Early American Boy with the orange box. There is another also offered, later box.

If you are comtemplating a Speed model for Musciano Meets, look no further than the ME-109. Minimal fuse cross section, small wing area, 1/8" section.

Ten minutes later...

By the way, there is another guy, in Tennessee, who also is offering Scientifics. I did not catch him the first time, because he did not have the word "kit" in the title. There are some nice ones in here, too. Here are some of my picks...

Fokker D-8 (rare)

Fokker D-7  (also rare)

Fokker Triplane (always a hit at the Musc. Meets)

P6-E (Makes for a beautiful model)

There also are a Spad and Nieuport, both nice kits, but designed by Paul Del Gatto

Currell
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 07:12:49 PM by nobler »

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:25:51 PM »
Only a handful of those kits sold. Most did not for the reserve. I can't afford to buy right now but the one that I had my eye on went over 40.00 dollars and still did not sell. I could not, would not give that much for one.

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here