News:

• May 02, 2024, 08:20:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2 a combat engine mounts  (Read 702 times)

Offline kenneth cook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
1/2 a combat engine mounts
« on: May 29, 2011, 07:13:34 AM »
           I was able to purchase a Profi.049 last year. These engines have a radial backplate in which I believe is standard to what the freeflight users use. Most if not all of the combat wings provide a rectangular block for straight aluminum mounts. This would enable engines typical to the Norvel's, Tee Dee's and other beam mount engines to be bolted onto. I've inquired to Doug Galbreath with my concerns to find if there was a commercially available mount that would go from the radial to the beam. In other words, the mount would look like a Dave Brown mount in reverse so to speak. I've seen these mounts and they're made of aluminum all milled to receive these kind of engines. I don't think I could replicate something like this in wood and have the strength required to take the ground pounding. Is there a mount that's commercially available. I would imagine there should due to some of the others Cyclon, Fora's using similar mounting. Ken

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: 1/2 a combat engine mounts
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:02:24 PM »
Get some right angle aluminum stock from the hardware store, cut it to size  (2 pieces) , bolt them to the beam mounts and mount your engine on the front face.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here