News:

• April 27, 2024, 05:07:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: .061 glow heads  (Read 1099 times)

Offline ken cook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
.061 glow heads
« on: March 19, 2007, 04:33:43 PM »
         I was wondering if the AP wasp .061 glow heads are interchangeable with the Big mig Norvel plugs. I believe someone had told me that the threads were not interchangeable.The plug itself appears to be the same shape as the Norvels. I have a plug on a Norvel AME .049 that doesn't seem to do so well since the time it was purchased. I read later that some of the Norvel plugs were possibly 3 volt plugs. I've never tried more voltage but the Galbreath head and Nelson combination has been working. I'm curious to know if anyone else has tried the AP plug.

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
Re: .061 glow heads
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:33:45 PM »
The base of the Nelson AP and Norvel are the same size, so yes the AP will work in that adaptor.

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 06:53:21 PM »
Norvel, VA, Stehls and AP all use the same head thread as the C*x.  I have found that the Galbreath/Nelson plug combination works better than anything else, usually to the tune of 1000 rpm improvement.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline George

• Admiral
  • Love people, Use things.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »
Ken,

Re the early NORVEL plugs, they were heavy duty and required a heavier battery. NORVEL replaced them with the "Freedom" plug. Note that the earlier plugs had a different adapter head than the newer one, so they need to be matched.

I do not have the AP. I believe it was copied from the pre-Revlite Norvels.

George
George Bain
AMA 23454

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here