News:

• April 18, 2024, 06:44:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bob gieseke Bear Photo request  (Read 13628 times)

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
Bob gieseke Bear Photo request
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:06:04 AM »
Ive tried searching through hundreds of pages of many different sites, trying to find photo's of bobs Bear.

So far, all I can manage is the 03 Bear , 04 Bear and 99 Bear.

Does anyone have anymore? Perhaps there weren't anymore ??

Im not really interested in anything from the 80's, and I'm not interested in other peoples Bear's either, I want to look at the color scheme and general design linage from series to series. If anyone can help with these would be super appreciated.

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Jose Javier Rodriguez

• Ensign
  • Control Line forever.
Re: Bob gieseke Bear Photo request
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:33:47 AM »
Hi I frame of these photographs, no. Is if you're looking ...
Greetings

Offline PJ Rowland

• Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 04:23:15 PM »
Nice photo - I have the 04 Version.

( look on the wingtips )

Surely with all the Nats there is someone with a few pix? ~>
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »
 I made this same request a few months ago and didn't get much either PJ. I'd still like to see some more on the Bear myself.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline PJ Rowland

• Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:42:07 PM »
I know I saw your request.. I was watching it thinking there would be something.. but obviously not.

Weird, something that gets constant 18 + pointers is hard to get pics of !  #^

Offline Terry Bolin

• Captain
  • Havin' the time of our lives!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 07:18:30 AM »
is this version "Bear" Offered in a kit form anyone?

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 08:45:59 AM »
Become a member of PAMPA and then you can search the archives.  I haven't searched yet, but would imagine a photo of his planes in there somewhere.  By the way I keep thinking numbers.  If we get enough, maybe have more say with the AMA.  Hope this isn't too political. H^^

PS:In fact if I could afford it I would be a member of each and every control line organization.  jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 03:08:19 PM »
Here we have the 1994 Lubbock plane. 

Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 03:09:17 PM »
I know you said you had the 99 but here is another one.  At the appearance judging 1999.

Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
There was a 2000 or 2001 Model that was red white and blue.  I am pretty certain it was the fist of the Geo wing bears.  It was sidelined pretty quick for some reason or another.

Then came this plane.  The 2002.  I modeled my first Geo Bear plane after this one.  It incorporates and Geo Bolt wing with Bob's styling and tail section.  This is one the best flying planes I have ever seen.  I had to beg him to let me model it.  He brought it by my brothers house one afternoon and we snapped some photos and measured every thing we could think of since there is no plan.

You will note the wing tips are swept straight back/outward.  On the models afterward they were a more traditional rounded look.  He felt the more rounded wing tip reacts less to the turbulence we encounter at our field.  Notice how different the tips are on the 04 compared to the 02.  I have built them both ways and think both styles fly very well. 

It is hard to see but his numbers are on the wing in the gray area.  They are very light blue.  

His color schemes are the same.  Polar gray as the bottom coat/filler coat.  Then red on top of the gray then highlights with blue.  Using the filler coat as one of the main colors save on weight.

Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »
The plane at the top of the thread is the last large plane he has built.  You will notice on that plane the tail moment at 21" moves the TE of the elevators even with the TE of the rudder.  Leaving the overall length the same but gaining the power of the longer tail.  That plane as a 9" nose and 21" tail.  It runs Randy's PA 75 on pipe.  I think it was 59 or 60 oz new.  

There is a 96 model.  It was dropped at the hotel in Muncie going out to top 20 day.  The repairs were completed and it was repainted and as I recall it is the 97 model.  I have not seen that model in years.  It is near perfect condition as it only received a few flights on it, maybe 600 or so before the 99 was built.  

Currently he is flying the 99 model.  The bottom has been modified to handle the large chamber muffler Randy sells and he has it working very good on a PA 65.

Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline PJ Rowland

• Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »
Thanks doug, I knew you had a stash !

:)
 #^

Of both photos and information. - Cant wait to get started on that UHP Project. And ive got just the wee engine for it  VD~
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:05:06 PM by PJ Rowland »

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »
I found this photo on the Aeroproducts website. I hope Randy doesnt mind if I post it here.

This I believe is the 96 model.  This was an outstanding model.  IIRC it was damaged in a non flying accident and refinished and flown in 97.  Notice the difference in the wing tip shape from the 99 model.  It is hard to notice as the picture isnt very big.  These tips kind of "swoop" inward then out.  The 99 model tip is straight back.

All throughout the versions the tail moment would sneak out through very small amounts longer and longer each time.

This is the model that UHP produced as a laser cut kit for a while.

Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Online James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 09:51:24 PM »
The plane at the top of the thread is the last large plane he has built.  You will notice on that plane the tail moment at 21" moves the TE of the elevators even with the TE of the rudder.  Leaving the overall length the same but gaining the power of the longer tail.  That plane as a 9" nose and 21" tail.  It runs Randy's PA 75 on pipe.  I think it was 59 or 60 oz new.  

There is a 96 model.  It was dropped at the hotel in Muncie going out to top 20 day.  The repairs were completed and it was repainted and as I recall it is the 97 model.  I have not seen that model in years.  It is near perfect condition as it only received a few flights on it, maybe 600 or so before the 99 was built.  

Currently he is flying the 99 model.  The bottom has been modified to handle the large chamber muffler Randy sells and he has it working very good on a PA 65.

Doug,

The pic of the 2002 plane, side view of the cowl, can you explain the 3 tubes coming out of the side?  I've seen pictures of set ups like this but didn't understand the purpose (and if you don't ask ou don't learn)?

Thanks,

James

AMA 491167

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 02:51:53 PM »
Bob's model is interesting in that, very seldom can you make a direct link from one design to another. Bob, I believe started out flying George's Nobler. From there-his famous Geiske Nobler,(Classic Legal) and, on to his modern day Bear. Very long evolution.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 07:44:18 AM »
I found this photo on the Aeroproducts website. I hope Randy doesnt mind if I post it here.

This I believe is the 96 model.  This was an outstanding model.  IIRC it was damaged in a non flying accident and refinished and flown in 97.  Notice the difference in the wing tip shape from the 99 model.  It is hard to notice as the picture isnt very big.  These tips kind of "swoop" inward then out.  The 99 model tip is straight back.

All throughout the versions the tail moment would sneak out through very small amounts longer and longer each time.

This is the model that UHP produced as a laser cut kit for a while.

Hey Doug:   Any plans to resume laser kit production at UHP.   If not do they sell the Bear plan ?
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline SteveMoon

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
    • www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »
Allan: Any plans for resuming laser cut kit production are
still up in the air. We'd like to do it again, but costs have
risen for balsa and we would undoubtedly have to raise
prices. We do have plans for the Bear, they are listed on
the website on the Plans page, just like all our other plans
are and sell for $10.00 plus shipping.

Thanks, Steve

Offline PJ Rowland

• Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
If you want plans - its a really easy process, - throw them out an email, paypal it.. a few days later you have your plans.

Support the local guys even $10 is relativley cheap - thanks again steve

Offline SteveMoon

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
    • www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 10:55:34 AM »
Thanks PJ, I guess you got your plans. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner
I've been out of town and don't carry a laptop with me. Too much trouble
going thru airport security everyday. And, PJ is right, plans are cheap feel
free to buy as many as you want from me or any other CL vendor, we'll
always appreciate the business.

Later, Steve

Offline PJ Rowland

• Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 05:02:27 PM »
Got em fine Mate.  ;D

I guessed you were busy, Consider the following:
you replied ULTRA quick when I requested plans.
you sent them ULTRA quick.
The plans are ULTRA nice copies.

BEHOLD - The world of UHP.  H^^

Again I try to whole heartly support local cottage industry. -

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 07:03:29 PM »
I assume the version Bob is flying now,is the last version. What version would that be, and how is it different from the preceeding ones?
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
What year is this one (couldn't find anything larger)

I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
These are way cool planes....
I have a UHP laser cut BEAR kit that I'll probably never build if you are interested.....the MOON-mobile that I bought looks like a BEAR and flies great!
Have fun!

Offline PJ Rowland

• Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »
Take it to Munice peabody - I'l have a look at it there..

Thanks

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here