General control line discussion > Ukraine Info

Ukraine Needs Bullets

<< < (3/3)

Dennis Leonhardi:
With all due respect Bill, you're doing some "cherry picking" ...

Can we agree it's better to have aid before a battle starts as opposed to after?  If so, did Biden hold up aid before Ukraine was invaded?  Yes or no?  You do remember Obama sent bandages and Trump sent missiles, right?

You mention Iraq - did Obama insist we must set a withdrawal date before committing to increased forces?  "We're gonna throw the kitchen sink at ya ... well, at least until next July."

Syria.  I'd like to laugh at Obama's "red line", but crying would be more appropriate.  How many Russians died in Syria as a result of Trump's decisions?  Serious observers might suggest Obama seemed to hope all this "terror stuff" would just quietly go away ...

Germany.  Great contributions to Ukraine's defense.  Good!  (We won't go into the anticipated rewards for their military ...)  But what percentage of their GDP did they spend on defense prior to the war?  Please, don't pick and choose - give us ALL the numbers!  (Can we add in the extent to which Germany financed Russia's war by buying energy from Russia!?!)

The very sad fact is in our country we have a large group of politicians who seem much more interested in enforcing "proper pronouns" than in protecting our own national security as well as democracies around the world.

Dennis

Bill Schluckbier:
I see.  Take a look at the enclosed article about the "favor" which the ex-president asked for as a condition for the transaction.  The text is towards the end. Always keeping the greater good in mind...

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/11/15/trump-resisted-ukraine-sale-javelin-antitank-missile/

I enclosed the snap of the article that gets to the point...  We can round and round which is not a sensible use of our time. Over and out.

Dennis Leonhardi:
Yada, yada, yada.  He said, she said ... John Kennedy instituted a naval blockade because he was a sailor.  My daddy can beat up your daddy.

I choose to look at results.  You still convinced Biden didn't hold up aid to Ukraine, Bill?

You're right.  When we choose to ignore FACTS, discussion is pointless.   Over and out.

Dennis

Afterthought: I think one of the most disgusting individuals I've ever seen was the "witness" who stated he is the EXPERT on Ukraine.  There are about a zillion EXPERTS in Washington who need to GO.  Humility is NOT their primary asset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version