News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Russian tank found abandoned in Louisiana  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Russian tank found abandoned in Louisiana
« on: April 14, 2023, 01:04:00 PM »
I hope some enterprising Ukrainian made some $ off the sale of this pride of Russia, and it gets to whoever bought it. Am wondering if the sale was via eBay or facebook Market Place, however.  y1 Steve

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-captured-russian-tank-from-the-war-in-ukraine-mysteriously-showed-up-at-a-truck-stop-in-louisiana-report-says/ar-AA19S624?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=743613022c904ebaaee58489014876f3&ei=46#image=AA19S8iy|6
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Russian tank found abandoned in Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 12:18:43 PM »
It may be the US Gov purchased it for target practice. We have several foreign tanks here on the Red Stone Arsenal used as targets for various missile tests. Perhaps the State Police made him park it due to over weight or such and he, the tractor driver, is  getting new permits?  H^^
Ty Marcucci

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 03:06:27 PM »
It may be the US Gov purchased it for target practice.

Or captured it in some war or another.  Whoops -- I missed that it was from the war in Ukraine.  I guess that's "some war or another"

I have no personal experience, but I know that you want to get your hands on enemy hardware so you can see how well it actually works, what it's strong and weak spots are, and if they've done something really amazing then steal the technology.

If I were guessing, I'd guess that in return for all the intelligence we're giving them, the Ukrainians are sharing Russian hardware with us, so we can dissect it.  How that tank ended up there however -- huh?

I bet there's some US general who's saying "huh?" in some profanity-laced and "heads will roll once we find out who" sort of way.

At least for a while, the Allied forces in Europe flow their high-altitude missions using oxygen bottles captured from German airplanes, because the Germans just made better ones.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Online AMV

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 07:54:25 AM »
Yet another excellent contestant entry for the T-90 Turret Hurl.

H^^
-Andrey
Spice is the variety of life.

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 01:56:25 PM »
Yet another excellent contestant entry for the T-90 Turret Hurl.  H^^

From Fox in Fort Smithsky, Arkansvostoc.  LL~

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2023, 11:38:27 AM »
It may be the US Gov purchased it for target practice. We have several foreign tanks here on the Red Stone Arsenal used as targets for various missile tests. Perhaps the State Police made him park it due to over weight or such and he, the tractor driver, is  getting new permits?  H^^
The US Army could have traded something to the Ukrainians and just re-habbed the Louisiana tank.  Maybe for identification practice, or even some target practice somewhere.

Nothing like real shooting when you've got the real target!

Phil C
phil Cartier

Tags:

Advertise Here