News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:36:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Concert  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Concert
« on: March 06, 2022, 10:48:00 PM »
We went to a Seattle Symphony concert last night. The stage was lit with blue and yellow lights.  The concert started with the Ukrainian national anthem. Everyone stood.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: Concert
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 09:16:27 PM »
Heart wrenching scenes on television, makes you want to take up arms but what can you do. So frustrating.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 09:30:23 PM »
Yes, it is great we recognize the help that is needed to quelch the newest Hitler.  If only our politicians could read and understand the history books.   Franklin tried to keep us out of WW-2 but the Japanese changed his mind.    Do you think Trump would have put up with thjis? R%%%%
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 11:00:56 PM »
John--one thing I know is we are now dependent on Russian oil. Under Trump we were more energy independent than we were since...?

Howard--what else did the orchestra play?

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 07:51:38 AM »
We went to a Seattle Symphony concert last night. The stage was lit with blue and yellow lights.  The concert started with the Ukrainian national anthem. Everyone stood.

Now that tickles my heart ...    y1
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 06:13:40 AM »
        The Maine Midcoast Symphony Orchestra has added the Ukrainian National Anthem to our upcoming concert.

Ara

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 10:42:47 PM by Ara Dedekian »

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 06:13:43 AM »
        The Maine Midcoast Symphony Orchestra has added the Ukrainian National Anthem to our upcoming concert.

Ara

We played the concert this weekend and just the announcement of adding the anthem to the program brought enthusiastic applause. There were some fogged glasses, including mine, among the musicians while playing it. The audience was on their feet. It was an emotional experience.

Ara

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 11:18:05 AM »
Yes, it is great we recognize the help that is needed to quelch the newest Hitler.  If only our politicians could read and understand the history books.   Franklin tried to keep us out of WW-2 but the Japanese changed his mind.    Do you think Trump would have put up with thjis? R%%%%

From observation, Mr. Trump is a very intelligent man and knows how to use it.  He obviously takes care that contracts  are written tightly and as favorable as possible to him.  There is no law or necessity to give stuff away in a for profict contract.  Unscrupulous is a different talent and requires doing things that are patently illegal, or at best dependent on the lawyers skills.

I  don't "like" him.  He still looks like the best long term president or politician to sort out the huge problems with the US governance.
phil Cartier

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 05:05:06 PM »
From observation, Mr. Trump is a very intelligent man and knows how to use it.  He obviously takes care that contracts  are written tightly and as favorable as possible to him.  There is no law or necessity to give stuff away in a for profict contract.  Unscrupulous is a different talent and requires doing things that are patently illegal, or at best dependent on the lawyers skills.

I  don't "like" him.  He still looks like the best long term president or politician to sort out the huge problems with the US governance.

y1 y1 y1

Phil, I like your comments - and would like to point out that our President, his Administration, Congress, and all of the State Governors and Legislatures are but a drop in the bucket compared to the jillions of unelected bureaucrats who make daily, major decisions - often seeming to be exercising personal power rather than serving the common good.  They are the Swamp.

Just thinking of my own experience with Social Security, for example - I was denied retroactive benefits by an administrator who stated "I know that you knew".  Or driving to the Mankato office on icy roads under a Travel Advisory to keep an appointment for the purpose of learning a (promised) benefit formula, only to be told sarcastically "Only the computer knows".

When Presidents of both major parties have stated the CIA and FBI are out of control, we really should listen.  Our problems are way beyond "the guy at the top".

Dennis

PS: How do we elect to Congress a (excuse me) dumb a-- woman who states "It takes several men to carry an AR-15"?  She's involved in making law?
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Tags:

Advertise Here