News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ringmaster!  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Ringmaster!
« on: October 29, 2022, 11:22:23 AM »
Ringmaster!

I have been flying a profile Ringmaster 576D from my kit (actually, three of them) for several years with great success in Profile Expert at Brodak’s and elsewhere.  When powered with an OS Max LA .46, it is “magical”.  Everyone who has flown mine has said so.

My kit is derived from the Pat Johnston/Dee Rice enlargement of the classic S-1 Sterling Ringmaster.  The “shortish” nose and tail moments, coupled with the Eppler airfoil on the 576, give a very clean corner with little tendency to overshoot and bounce bottoms.  All in all, a surprisingly competitive design.

To take these positive traits to the next level I have designed a larger (700 square inch) version with a full fuselage aimed at .50 to .60 size powerplants.  A Stalker .51 is in mine, mounted inverted.

Plan is $15.00 including postage.  The kit price is $250.00, plus actual shipping charge.  If you would like to see a scaled down view of the plan, send me a #10 SASE.  Of course, it looks like a Ringmaster as you would expect.

If you would like more information on this, or any of my kits, call or write.

Tom Dixon
Controline Sales LLC
315 Santa Anita Ave
Woodstock GA 30189

Phone (770) 592-3279
JCAT

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here