Vendors Corner > Timers by Fiorotti

Setting up active V.6.x timer

<< < (2/2)

Matt Brown:

--- Quote from: Fred Underwood on July 11, 2022, 06:45:55 PM ---The accelerations are additive, so G-force settings somewhat depend on other settings.

What plane (SV11?), line length, lap time, sensitivity and Max and min, and nose up.....

In general, try between 5 and 10 for G-force to start.  Some older timers have increments of 5 vs the newer ones with increments of 1 for G-force.

--- End quote ---

SV11 arf on 65’ lines. Brodak 4250 motor. Castle Phoenix Edge 75 amp ESC.
9300rpm 5.5 second laps. 13-4.5 APC F2B prop.
Nose up   20ms
Sensitivity   10
RPM 094
Max  134
Min.  80

Matt

Fred Underwood:
Try the g-force of 5 - 10.

Check email.

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Matt Brown on July 11, 2022, 06:10:00 PM ---I’d love to have a good boost at the top of the hourglass but 9 days before official Nats flights isn’t the time to be experimenting!
I will say that love what these timers have done for the performance of my electric planes. With conventional timers they just weren’t working good enough to be competitive. The change to the Fiorotti timer made them better than my K-77 powered SV11.

Ken, do you have a good starting point for the GForce setting?

Thanks, Matt

--- End quote ---
Fred tutored me on this.  I started it out at 5 per his suggestion and I have gradually upped it to I think 11.  I would probably go to 15 in wind.  I am not done experimenting.  I will check my setting tomorrow or Wed.  My plane is not accessible at the moment.  You definitely DO NOT want to implement these before the Nats.  Nose up and to some degree G-force dramatically changes how you do rounds.  Keeping them round was not the problem, keeping them from walking into the nest circle was!  You have to adjust your control input to compensate for that extra boost as the nose comes up from the bottoms.  My first flight with nose up on walked the loops about 10'.  It took about 5 flights to figure it out. My advice when you do try them would be to increment them 1 or 2 settings per flight till things start to get erratic then stop and get used to it.  It is like having 5 needle valves.  G-Force doesn't do anything for the horizontal rounds but you can feel it on the Reverse Wingover big time. 

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version