Vendors Corner > Tim's Universal Timers

Tim's Universal Timer

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tim Wescott:
Interesting chip, from what little they're saying there.  It looks like it's not available in quantities small enough to work for me, though.

Allan Perret:
Not clear on this.
Is your TUT a stand alone cl timer, or only used as an add on for additional functions not provided by conventional timers.

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Allan Perret on September 30, 2014, 08:03:45 AM ---Not clear on this.
Is your TUT a stand alone cl timer, or only used as an add on for additional functions not provided by conventional timers.

--- End quote ---

Because it is so versatile, it's hard not to be confused.

It can be used as either.  At the moment it's only been used for data logging during flights, as a dead-reliable way of getting cutoff loops with a clunk tank (although this feature would work as well, and be more useful, for electric power), and as an adjunct timer that takes input from elsewhere.

Dane Martin:
is there a plan to integrate a timer to be used as a stand alone timer for electric planes?
for example, if i could use the TUT to be my timer and turn on nav lights half way through the flight, that would be neato!

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Dane Martin on October 01, 2014, 06:04:43 PM ---is there a plan to integrate a timer to be used as a stand alone timer for electric planes?
for example, if i could use the TUT to be my timer and turn on nav lights half way through the flight, that would be neato!

--- End quote ---

Hey Dane:

I'm not sure what you mean by that question, so I'll answer what I think you're asking.

The TUT will function as a stand-alone timer.  In addition, it has four ports, which can be used for either input or output, with either RC-style servo pulses or as "discrete" outputs, to sense switch closures or to drive things like lights.

What it doesn't have is a lot of oomph -- you could light up one LED that you could see in direct sunlight from close up, but if you want to light up navigation lights you'd need some external power electronics.  If those nav light things for RC planes work, you could use those.  Otherwise the circuit you'd need to make some BRIGHT lights come on from the signal available from the TUT is pretty easy to assemble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version