News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:41:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Subject Information Box  (Read 4827 times)

Offline Hoss Cain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Subject Information Box
« on: April 28, 2009, 08:24:22 AM »
This could well be spoken of before, however I will ask it again. Mind you that I am dumb in most and many things but being dumb in computers is where I exceln~

In most forums that I visit, if the arrow is pointed to a subject in the topic list, a short box appears for a few seconds giving more information than the simple subject provides.
If allowed by present software, I think such would be a nice help in determining whether one desires to review that topic or pass on it, especially considering the time frame that one may be under at the time of observation.
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Subject Information Box
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:40:34 AM »
I try to get on this site at least once a day.  But, I don't look at everything that is here.  Once in a great while I will check all the threads just to see what is happening.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »
Thanks, "Doc" for the information. Does your response mean that you would/could check more topics and/or possibly have the time to respond to more discussions if you could get a quick glance at the basic information of the thread starter?  D>K
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 08:06:53 AM »
At the top of the page under our ID there is two boxes that can be checked.  That shortens up the procedure of looking thru all the posts.  But, I do go and look at other forums also until I was told to get off of one forum as I was not needed over there.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:49:41 PM »
I'm thinkin' that the little pop-up balloon thingy would be an integral part of the forum software, and either it does it or it doesn't. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but there's also a chance that it's one of those little things that you just need to put the "cusser" to it and hit the button, when you're setting up the defaults.   VD~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here