News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:18:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 6575 times)

Offline John Leidle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Politics
« on: November 23, 2019, 09:39:29 AM »
   How about we leave that garbage elsewhere ? This board is for model airplanes PA last time I checked. I understand that a lot of people here are grumpy old men without much going on in their lives . So I suggest they go to a politics , hate everyone board and stop smelling this one up.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 09:45:58 AM »
Here is a thought.  Don't comment on that thread and you won't see it anymore.
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 11:20:31 AM »
hey John

I hear you BUT
you have the channel selector..(mouse)...change the channel if the topic is NOT to your preference
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 12:31:42 PM »
We've already selected ESPN, so why are we getting Fox News? I'm with John on this one.

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 03:09:49 AM »
   How about we leave that garbage elsewhere ? This board is for model airplanes PA last time I checked. I understand that a lot of people here are grumpy old men without much going on in their lives . So I suggest they go to a politics , hate everyone board and stop smelling this one up.

With you on that one John all the way.
           Doug

Offline Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 07:07:03 AM »
I'd prefer that politics be left aside on Stunt Hanger.  I come here for CL modeling stuff

Tom Vieira

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 09:01:41 AM »
+1 on leaving the politics out.

the only politics we should be discussing are those concerning the hobby.  FAA rules, if they want to start putting catalytic converters on our little motors, etc etc....

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
+1 on leaving the politics out.

the only politics we should be discussing are those concerning the hobby.  FAA rules, if they want to start putting catalytic converters on our little motors, etc etc....
Are you implying that there are politics in PA? LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »
When I started this forum is was during the Brodak War. We are now at a time where Google, Youtube is censoring on a massive scale I think with the 45000 other topics to choose from You can click on a thread that interests you if on is not to your liking. Or you can hang out at Farcebook when they are not selling your info to the Russians or whomever they are selling all your DATA to.

I think we do a pretty good job of keeping this down to a dull roar.
AMA 12366

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »
Bravo, Sparky!  Why is it that so many who decry political discourse - which they could easily circumvent - resort to name-calling?  Seems to me "grumpy old men" tend to be those who insist it's their way or the highway.

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »
Unlike Youtube and Google, StuntHangar is meant to be subject specific. People don't log on here looking for political discussions. There are other outlets for that, and that's perfectly fine. I wish to avoid that, so I don't go to those sites. Perhaps I tend to think that just by logging on to StuntHangar, I should already be avoiding politics.

Offline Oldenginerod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »
Well, I've had just one day as a member here and this is the sort of stuff I see first up.  If that's how it's gonna be, I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice.

I get it, most of you guys are in the USA so your domestic issues are clear in your heads, but I don't care which jerk is in power over there, as long as they don't want to start bombing Australia.  LL~ I want to learn how to build and fly, not see how much you guys can criticise each other. I'm lookin' for friends here H^^

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 03:31:18 PM »
Unlike Youtube and Google, StuntHangar is meant to be subject specific. People don't log on here looking for political discussions. There are other outlets for that, and that's perfectly fine. I wish to avoid that, so I don't go to those sites. Perhaps I tend to think that just by logging on to StuntHangar, I should already be avoiding politics.

Bill, I actually am laughing at your comments …  you came here to avoid politics, then clicked into a post labeled politics!?!  Please laugh with me, no disrespect meant and we're adults who enjoy something in common.

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 05:56:18 PM »
Get grip old engine and all you other pissy members....... there are dozens of AREAS below relating to engineering, engine set up, combat, scale, building, 1/2a, and many others....are you too self absorbed that in one area and ONE topic there is an ongoing Political discussion....well cool..read one or two posts...then YOU decide FREDVON4 is a Trump supporter and CHANGE THE freaking channel with your MOUSE IN YOUR HAND....

NO one compels you to read what Bob or Fred writes.... JUST like --not one soul can ever compel me to tune in the Commie News Network CNN...EVER!!

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Oldenginerod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 04:41:17 AM »
Get grip old engine and all you other pissy members....... there are dozens of AREAS below relating to engineering, engine set up, combat, scale, building, 1/2a, and many others....are you too self absorbed that in one area and ONE topic there is an ongoing Political discussion....well cool..read one or two posts...then YOU decide FREDVON4 is a Trump supporter and CHANGE THE freaking channel with your MOUSE IN YOUR HAND....

NO one compels you to read what Bob or Fred writes.... JUST like --not one soul can ever compel me to tune in the Commie News Network CNN...EVER!!

Well Fred, sorry you feel that way.  We always seem to have got on fine over on CEF.  You've even sent me good stuff for free before. 
Maybe you vent in the "redneck Zone" over there, but I never go there to see, for good reason it seems.  The discussions over there are well moderated and generally bad language and attitudes aren't tolerated.  All the reviews about Stunthangar seemed positive so I decided to give it a shot, but looks like its not for "p#&&y" people like me.  Gotta say, I'm disappointed to have started out like this.  Yeah, I know, I don't have to look at certain threads, but just knowing the sort of negative banter that's going on around me sours things for me.  Checking out for now. H^^

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 09:37:40 AM »
old engine rod....I do respect your desire to not watch American politics and discourse...when in fact you say " but I don't care which jerk is in power over there, as long as they don't want to start bombing Australia."...you waded in with a political opinion....

So you are insulted at my "PISSY" remark but you refer to a US Leader many of us like immensely, as a jerk....sorry Down Under brother but that is also an insult.....now I admit you might not be referring to Trump but rather any US president....still will be an insult to one group or another....

another backhanded insult.....depending on your political bias..."so why are we getting FOX News?"

and the lead in to a POLITICAL topic is just as disrespectful/insulting...."here are grumpy old men without much going on in their lives"

well sparkey made a place now to move topics that morph to politics.....waste of his time IMO

the antagonists on this site will still ponder various subjects and insults and some will still lament WHY POLITICS ON A STUNT FORUM....?

When Maxiene Waters starts yamering her vile hatfull bull @#$%...I change the channel...it is easy....some of you pissy readers should do same when you see Fredvon4 in any topic thread

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »
Ty I did not bat an eye when Renie wanted a $16,000 multi needle embroidery machine from the Houston Quilt show....

My hobby wood working shop (not to be confused with my Model airplane shop, or my Gun collection and reloading room, or my insane computer network....)

We both did well in life--- and stretched over time ---  can afford to get some few desired items.....you know....doing our bit to be consumers in TRUMP'S GREAT ECONOMY.....grin wink

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 03:17:50 PM »
If you notice, there is a tab here called "Supporter's Room".  It's mostly political diatribes.  It's OK to post your Far Left, or Far Right meanderings there.   Those with a hankering to take a jab at Washington DC can feel good about posting there.  Maybe someone will read it.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 09:49:22 PM »
Bill, I actually am laughing at your comments …  you came here to avoid politics, then clicked into a post labeled politics!?!  Please laugh with me, no disrespect meant and we're adults who enjoy something in common.

Dennis

Ok, here goes...

I come here pretty much daily for my C/L Modeling "fix", not for any unrelated politics. I'd be willing to bet that Bill B "clicked into" this "Politics" post for the same reason I did, thinking it might be an opportunity to throw in a vote in an attempt to put an end those "discussions" on this forum.

I'll admit, I get sucked into them on occasion but would rather not. I don't go looking for them here but when I do happen to stumble across some idiotic political rant (many times having developed within a thread that originally had nothing to do with it) it's hard to avoid throwing back my two cents. That's even while knowing those types of politics shouldn't be up for debate here. It's like if someone takes the first swing, there's a damn good chance I'm gonna swing right back.

Yes, the channel could be turned as some say, but like is also mentioned above that's why we choose to turn to THIS channel, for topics and discussion related to C/L MODELING. If the other politics weren't allowed here (like they really shouldn't be) it would end the temptation and the problem.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 11:57:51 PM »
I am with you Warbird.

This forum is on the World Wide Web and US politics just does not interest me. I am here for control line discussion.

As the title says, "Stunthanger".

Craig
From AUSTRALIA.
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 02:26:40 PM »

Bill- more or less what I do.  No politics here.  There are very few sites where you can have an actual conversation with reasonable messages.  Unfortunately politics usually requires a page or more to make a decent argument.  I do have a few "canned" comments that I've used before so I don't have to type it all in.

PhilC
phil Cartier

Dwayne

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2019, 04:03:57 PM »

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »
I'll just leave this here.  I strongly agree
https://stunthanger.com/smf/paint-and-finishing/political-comments-warning/

"I speak the truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare; and I dare a little more as I grow older." - Montaigne

At the risk of offending several …

Dwayne - that must have taken some searching!  I guess my friend Bill Little put that warning in the Paint and Finishing Forum he moderated.

Unfortunately Bill hasn’t been heard from here in many moons, and he doesn’t respond to my phone calls or emails.  My only contact with the family has been with his son Aaron, who just celebrated a birthday a couple of days ago.

And - more to the point - the Forum’s owner, Sparky, has himself made some very political comments in recent days.

I come here - like most probably - to pursue a passion.  That said, there are several individual forums I’ve never checked into.  They simply don’t interest me.

So, I’m completely at a loss to understand why anyone here feels a need to “click” into a topic they don’t want to deal with, and feels a need to “police” the topic.

Can someone help me understand?

A closing thought: Please recognize that which "triggers" you is not the actual post or the poster, but something in YOU.

The way you choose to react is all up to you! And simply “clicking away” is easy …

Dennis

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 07:36:25 AM »
 I agree with John
 Sparky the adds that pop up here the most are facebook.  🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 11:01:38 AM »
Are you implying that there are politics in PA? LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Ken
Certainly!!  In PA, FL, NC, CA, WA, TX ....  H^^ LL~ LL~

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 06:30:18 PM »
Certainly!!  In PA, FL, NC, CA, WA, TX ....  H^^ LL~ LL~
TX?  NEVER! ??? ~^ LL~
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2020, 06:04:33 AM »
This thread had drawn some interesting responses. Let’s look at the definition of a Forum, “a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

Anything beyond the particular issue at hand can be considered White Noise or rather “noise containing many frequencies with equal intensities creating an indistinct commotion”  Or chatter from multiple conversations within the acoustics of a confined space. Something disruptive taking away the focus on the issue or basis for the forum and its intended purpose.

To join and enter a forum having a particular focus is to seek or share relevant information with others in a respectable manner. In turn, the end result can be mutual respect for others, their ideas, opinions, recommendations often leading to a more personal relationship surrounding the issue drawing us together at the onset. In other words, we seek and enjoy the relevant opinions of others helping us where needed. Once personal opinions, views, political beliefs, and ideological ideas surface we often find ourselves backing away from the individual and often losing respect. Yes, we all have the right to say what we think and believe but consider where you are and the true purpose of why you came here to start with. Most importantly consider the interests of others, why lose their respect? 

So when a member opens SH for their “Fix” to learn something new, enhance their enthusiasm to find their way back to the shop, solve a problem or just see what others are doing to break from the monotony of politics everywhere around them do you think they are seeking White Noise? Perhaps they are just looking to their CL community for camaraderie, mutual trust, and friendship among people who spend time together. It’s my bet they are entering SH for just this purpose and not to be slammed in the face with the glaring topic POLITICS. Come on folks have some consideration and take your views where they will be appreciated. Don’t ruin a good thing for the newcomers and many of the old-timers as well.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2020, 05:08:31 PM »
This thread had drawn some interesting responses. Let’s look at the definition of a Forum, “a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

Anything beyond the particular issue at hand can be considered White Noise or rather “noise containing many frequencies with equal intensities creating an indistinct commotion”  Or chatter from multiple conversations within the acoustics of a confined space. Something disruptive taking away the focus on the issue or basis for the forum and its intended purpose.

To join and enter a forum having a particular focus is to seek or share relevant information with others in a respectable manner. In turn, the end result can be mutual respect for others, their ideas, opinions, recommendations often leading to a more personal relationship surrounding the issue drawing us together at the onset. In other words, we seek and enjoy the relevant opinions of others helping us where needed. Once personal opinions, views, political beliefs, and ideological ideas surface we often find ourselves backing away from the individual and often losing respect. Yes, we all have the right to say what we think and believe but consider where you are and the true purpose of why you came here to start with. Most importantly consider the interests of others, why lose their respect? 

So when a member opens SH for their “Fix” to learn something new, enhance their enthusiasm to find their way back to the shop, solve a problem or just see what others are doing to break from the monotony of politics everywhere around them do you think they are seeking White Noise? Perhaps they are just looking to their CL community for camaraderie, mutual trust, and friendship among people who spend time together. It’s my bet they are entering SH for just this purpose and not to be slammed in the face with the glaring topic POLITICS. Come on folks have some consideration and take your views where they will be appreciated. Don’t ruin a good thing for the newcomers and many of the old-timers as well.

That's some pretty heavy hitting Steve, but I'm missing the logic.  The "particular issue at hand" in a Discussion labeled "Politics" IS politics.

Do you police what members can discuss in the CAD USERS forum?

One Universal Truth: When a topic triggers a "button" in you, the topic isn't the problem - it's something in you.

I really appreciate Sparky providing this forum and find many topics of interest every time I'm here!

Dennis

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2020, 07:08:00 PM »
Dennis,

Let's not get into semantics here, I don't think I'm missing the logic at all. This forum is called Stunthanger for Control Line Modeling or something close to it. Anyway, isn't this forum where we choose to meet to discuss topics or issues associated with model airplanes?  I thought Sparky had set up a location somewhere here where people can go to bring up non-related issues out of sight of the general public? A place where people that had gripes or wished to "put down" others or express personal opinions could do it privately. A place where these individuals would not distract from the general theme and focus of modeling. Why not go there, especially if the majority would prefer not seeing anything regarding politics or the virus?

Sure, someone said it's up to us to be "mature enough" not to push the button. You are free to say anything you wish within the guidelines of this forum whatever the guidelines currently are?? Since you wish to talk about politics or the pandemic perhaps I should bring up health care, or muscle cars, or model railroads, furthering education or any number of topics, or how about drug abuse or alcoholism any of which I believe would be acceptable within the standards of this Control Line Forum. 

So no I'm am not trying to police anyone, I honestly don't really care what you or anyone want to post, have at it, but when I see how many have voiced their objections to seeing unrelated "sensitive politically driven" topics I wanted to respectively chime in. You go to church for spiritual enrichment not to hear about politics, you go to your doctor for help with an ailment not to hear him discuss his coin collection, people come to Stunthanger to enjoy their passion of model airplanes why would you want to bring up topics unrelated? I suspect no one is going to win here, so I rest.

Regards,

Steve

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:18 PM »
Dennis,

Let's not get into semantics here, I don't think I'm missing the logic at all. This forum is called Stunthanger for Control Line Modeling or something close to it. Anyway, isn't this forum where we choose to meet to discuss topics or issues associated with model airplanes?  I thought Sparky had set up a location somewhere here where people can go to bring up non-related issues out of sight of the general public? A place where people that had gripes or wished to "put down" others or express personal opinions could do it privately. A place where these individuals would not distract from the general theme and focus of modeling. Why not go there, especially if the majority would prefer not seeing anything regarding politics or the virus?

Sure, someone said it's up to us to be "mature enough" not to push the button. You are free to say anything you wish within the guidelines of this forum whatever the guidelines currently are?? Since you wish to talk about politics or the pandemic perhaps I should bring up health care, or muscle cars, or model railroads, furthering education or any number of topics, or how about drug abuse or alcoholism any of which I believe would be acceptable within the standards of this Control Line Forum. 

So no I'm am not trying to police anyone, I honestly don't really care what you or anyone want to post, have at it, but when I see how many have voiced their objections to seeing unrelated "sensitive politically driven" topics I wanted to respectively chime in. You go to church for spiritual enrichment not to hear about politics, you go to your doctor for help with an ailment not to hear him discuss his coin collection, people come to Stunthanger to enjoy their passion of model airplanes why would you want to bring up topics unrelated? I suspect no one is going to win here, so I rest.

Regards,

Steve

Steve, your own words betray you.

Some simple research would convince you half or more of the subjects you list have probably been brought up here - along with many, many more.  Just "man up" and admit it's ONLY politics that upsets you here.  You'll then earn my respect - not that you need it, I'm hoping most of us are grown men who don't need the respect of others - our value comes from within.

It's simply childish to come here and shout about ONE topic you don't like, then attribute the shouting to the need to speak "model airplanes only".

Incidentally, my family and I vacationed with a previous minister; the son spent many evenings in my home, so “church” is much more than a place to hear a sermon.  And my doctors always become friends.  I saw a general practitioner who flew control line for more than 25 years.  Current GP and I discuss family, health insurance, new tests being developed, upgrades in the software he administers, sports in the local community.  Great guy!

Dennis

PS: How many of the 5,000+ members are outraged?  A few posted here; I suspect most are adults who simply ignore.

Pandemic, humor, Corvettes, chemtrails, dogs, guns, pocket knives, ranker.com, Frost Heaves NH, music, musical instruments, tornadoes, health, blue protection glasses, stimulus payments, the economy, entertainment, Star Trek, facebook, air races, home repairs, Easter, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, dumb stuff we have done, direct mail and more - they’ve all been topics here, which ones did YOU complain about?

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »
Hi Dennis,
you are absolutely correct about the many and varied topics on Stunthanger that are not control line related. So why the objection to politics?

My particular objection with political comment is it invariably denigrates to rants, insults, abuse, unpleasant sarcasm and sometimes the comments are down right mean.

I get that people are passionate about their view of politics and if we could all, "Debate/Discuss", opposing views with courtesy, respect and restraint as has been prescribed elsewhere then have at it.

Unfortunately, that is just not the case. So, as Sparky has said, there is a private area where you can say whatever you like. If there are those that can't hold back can't they go there?

With respect
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2020, 12:51:38 AM »
Hi Dennis,
you are absolutely correct about the many and varied topics on Stunthanger that are not control line related. So why the objection to politics?

My particular objection with political comment is it invariably denigrates to rants, insults, abuse, unpleasant sarcasm and sometimes the comments are down right mean.

I get that people are passionate about their view of politics and if we could all, "Debate/Discuss", opposing views with courtesy, respect and restraint as has been prescribed elsewhere then have at it.

Unfortunately, that is just not the case. So, as Sparky has said, there is a private area where you can say whatever you like. If there are those that can't hold back can't they go there?

With respect
Craig

Craig, have you been here long enough to witness the discussions of PAMPA or the BOM (Builder of the Model Rule)?  They weren't the most polite on the internet; people have passionate feelings, and that's OK.

I'm not the least bit interested in model trains, musical instruments, Star Trek or Frost Heaves, NH - but it would never occur to me to tell others they can't discuss those subjects here.  In all honesty, it seems to me downright childish ...

I'll leave this subject to others with perhaps more time to "police" our posts - and be left wondering why anyone worries about how "grown men (?)" will react.

Dennis

PS: Craig, I applaud you for acknowledging your issue is specifically with politics - and you've stated it well.  What really defies logic, in my opinion, are the posts that decry political discussion "because we are only supposed to be discussing model airplanes here".

That said, I suggest any adult should be able to either (1) participate in or (2) avoid completely discussions they're not comfortable with.

"Oppression is not hearing a word that offends you.  Oppression is being told you can't say certain words because you will offend someone else." - attributed (perhaps incorrectly) to Morgan Freeman
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:37:11 AM by AirClassix »

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2020, 05:49:27 AM »
Dennis,

You are amazing.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2020, 06:38:05 AM »
TX?  NEVER! ??? ~^ LL~
Can I take that back? :-[

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 03:44:07 PM »
Many many years ago on a railway bridge in Auckland, I spotted a message splattered in red paint."Politics divide folk." I'll freely discuss anything, politics, sex, drugs, rock n roll, race religion, tin hats and chem trails.Over a coffee, beer or something stronger, in an appropriate forum - But NOT HERE.
Stunthanger is about control line, not trains, boats, hot-rods or flower arranging.
The older I get the more I realise, good things need defending.
Why bugger up a good thing? There are plenty of others who can do that very nicely all by themselves!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »
Many many years ago on a railway bridge in Auckland, I spotted a message splattered in red paint."Politics divide folk." I'll freely discuss anything, politics, sex, drugs, rock n roll, race religion, tin hats and chem trails.Over a coffee, beer or something stronger, in an appropriate forum - But NOT HERE.
Stunthanger is about control line, not trains, boats, hot-rods or flower arranging.
The older I get the more I realise, good things need defending.
Why bugger up a good thing? There are plenty of others who can do that very nicely all by themselves!

John,

You sound like my kind of guy.

Here's a good read and view, with no politics.  LL~

https://stunthanger.com/smf/cfc-graphics/
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2020, 06:37:15 AM »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2020, 09:54:27 AM »
Bravo, Sparky!  Why is it that so many who decry political discourse - which they could easily circumvent - resort to name-calling?  Seems to me "grumpy old men" tend to be those who insist it's their way or the highway.

Dennis

Funny, All of those old men have the same middle name  P.I.T.A.

Offline Wayne Collier

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2020, 11:39:35 PM »
I go to a buffet; I eat the foods I want and skip the foods I don’t want. I don’t complain to the manager if I see pizza or tacos in a Chinese place.

What I don’t understand is trying to have the pizza and tacos removed so other people can’t have them just because the sign outside says Chinese restaurant.

I certainly wouldn’t start hammering the other customers because they ate pizza or tacos. And I wouldn’t be out front yelling “this place ain’t authentic”

It would be a miserable life if I couldn’t enjoy my orange chicken just because someone across the room was eating pizza and tacos.

What would offend me is someone trying to take away my pizza and tacos because they don’t agree with the venue.

Wayne Collier     Northeast Texas
<><

never confuse patience with slowness never confuse motion with progress

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2020, 10:11:38 AM »
Wayne Collier    EXACTLY!

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 01:42:59 PM »
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2021, 09:47:50 AM »
John I agree with you !00%. I PMed Sparky about the Free Speech Zone and how I thought it would divide  us.He never got back to me. Out of curiosity I went into the "zone" which pretty much was being frequented by my brothers here who supported Republican and Right Wing thought. Now i'm a very liberal Democrat (and proud of it). So I jumped into the fray anyway.I'm not bashful and battled tooth and nail with those having and opposite view .I respect their "right" to express their views,but I didn't receive the same courtesy. Many of my posts were deleted by Zambelli or Sparky (I don't know who) and just yesterday decided that I'd seen enough of the "Non Free Speech Zone".So to reiterate, I agree with you on this. Cheers,PhillySkip

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2021, 11:40:07 AM »
The screaming will all die down on Jan 6th after the vote. Unless things go the way I think they will go then every lunatic will be in the streets burning their own cars up. I can tell you this the Free speech Zone has really shown me who some of the people here are. And for some, it's not too flattering.

I'm thinking of restricting the free speech zone anyway. I am a USN veteran and the way I see it if it wasn't for the whiners the whole forum would be free speech. I have tried to run a tight ship and if some of the crew want to jump ship the boat won't be at the dock to pick you back up.
AMA 12366

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here