News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More photos in Threads and replies  (Read 9116 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
More photos in Threads and replies
« on: October 30, 2011, 06:57:42 PM »
More photos in Threads and replies.

Certainly would look better if nothing else.

I like photos!

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: More photos in Threads and replies
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 08:11:10 PM »
I absolutely agree! H^^  And one thing I found a little weird about this post on wanting more pics is that you didn't include a pic! %^@
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:11:40 PM by Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach »
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 09:06:47 AM »
??????????????? H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Charles can post a picture, but a lot of members haven't figured out how to resize and compress a digital picture so that it's suitable to post. There is a good thread (started by Rudy Taube) on posting pictures on the "Admin announcements" forum at the top of the heap. There are many good freewares that will do the job, and unfortunately, everybody has their favorite and it gets confusing to newbies. And then some MAC jock will announce that it's much easier on an Apple and the rookie gets frustrated and more confused. Pick a freeware that works for your computer type and see how it works. If you have a problem, don't hesitate to contact the member that recommended it for a little help.   y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »
If you use Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) you don't have to resize or compress raw images.  You set the upload options to 800x600, and the online software automatically resizes the images as they upload.  In seconds the images are uploaded and modified for posting online.  Even better they even give you the code for posting the images various places online.  Most forums (like this one) support UBB IMG code.  One click to copy the code, right click and paste in the message, submit the message, and the image is posted.

There are tutorials on Youtube...

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »
Photos? I have one.

I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »
Well, when I can keep the updates from messing things up.  The computor has a spot/icon called pictures in the menu.  Our I down load the pictures and then look to see if they are there.  Then it is just pull up the file and edit the pictures.  I think it is right click.  As dense as I am it took several times/tries with the wife to get started.  Now I have the youngest daughter helping with pics and items.  The computor is a never ending curve, like model planes.   Just takes time to read and try things.  Sometimes it works and some times it doesn't, like these hands/brain of mine.

This pic lifted from "plane-a-day".  One of the most beautiful in the air.  But that landing gear is like some ladies legs, it needs to be covered up. LL~ LL~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
I can still remember watching the Connies flying fish from Alaska down to the lower 48.  Stunningly beautiful airplanes.
I use a free program called ShrinkPic that automatically shrinks pics to fit.  I don't have to do anything!  And if I don't have to do anything, thats the best! %^@
The pic is of my White lightning designed by Bruce Feaver.  It has an TD .049 on it, but I haven't flown it yet cause of the weather and other life stuff getting in the way! LOL  The plans are available on Hip Pocket as a free download in their Plans Gallery.  Actually they have a lot of good control line plans there for free.
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 10:11:43 AM »
I just got my hands on a bunch of photos that I'm a bit exited about. Here's the one I like best.

(the owner says: "Not for commercial use")

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »
Funny thing is I am more generous than any where except photo bucket. 10- 100 meg pics per post.
AMA 12366

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »
And then some MAC jock will announce that it's much easier on an Apple and the rookie gets frustrated and more confused.

Oh, those MAC jocks.  They're so entertaining in their misguided arrogance.

Of course, it's much better to do this on a Linux machine that you've spent hours setting up by hand, and built with parts that you scrounged out of dumpsters because Windows just doesn't work right with Perfectly Good old hardware -- "easy" is for wimps.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 04:32:08 PM »
Funny thing is I am more generous than any where except photo bucket. 10- 100 meg pics per post.

I think Sparky really meant ten pictures of 100kb (average) per post. It's actually the average that counts, since the maximum is 1000kb, which may or may not be one meg....I'm not good with the French system as used on computers, and don't really care at all.  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dan Bregar

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Field Marshall
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
PerttiMe

"Here's the one I like  best".  Me too. Back when T/R airplanes looked like real airplanes !  :)
AMA 33676

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
Back when T/R airplanes looked like real airplanes !  :)
I've been posting all sorts of T/R material at rcgroups: they are big enough to absorb all the megabytes in pictures, drawings and plans. Some have been kind enough to contribute their own material too.

Offline Dan Bregar

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Field Marshall
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »
Wow !!!  You have assembled a real treasure of photo's for sure.  Saw some airplanes I remember from the 70's when I was a T/R guy. Fantastic library of info.  I applaud your efforts. !!!  #^
AMA 33676

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here