News:

• April 16, 2024, 04:13:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Classifieds Question  (Read 6698 times)

Offline Motorman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Classifieds Question
« on: August 13, 2015, 10:07:12 PM »
Why is there a rule about posting items on other sites if they are posted in the classifieds here? I understand about links but, why would this site care what I do on other sites? 

Thanks,
MM

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Classifieds Question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
You can be the first responder here and think you had a lock on the item, but the seller has also listed it on eBay, Craig's List, SSW, newspaper and six other sites, and you may not be the first. So to be fair, the seller has to check the time of the PM or email, and then somebody is disappointed (at best or po'd at worst). It's happened to me, and it didn't seem like a good way to do biz.

I'd say to list an item or bunch of items on one site, and if you don't get a sale, remove the ad and list it on one of the other sites. If you still don't get a sale, remove the ad and try another, etc.
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 06:41:45 PM »
When I get a bunch of responses I don't care who's first, who made that rule in todays modern world? I pick the best buyer, I don't care if he's first second or third.

MM

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 06:57:48 PM »
Wow, MM....
I understand Steve's point and that is how I operate when posting an advert.
But BEFORE I do that, I'm on your side, I always try to find the person that will get the most use from my prized model possessions, and make sure it goes to a great home!

I'm torn between you two's opposing views!
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 07:54:14 PM »
Chris and Motorman,

Why do you care what I do with a product that I purchase from you?  ???

In the first place it's non of your d*&^$% business what I do with it once its mine and paid for. Are you "in love" with your material belongings? %^@

Remind me to NOT buy anything from you two guys because I might take your Aero Tiger 36 (or whatever that I buy) and use it for a fishing weight!  LL~ LL~

Cheers, Jerry

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:55:55 PM »
LOL good one, I think allot of times you're selling stuff you kept well and it's always nice to think your stuff will carry on beyond your ownership and not get put in a shoe box waiting for an estate sale. But, I'll sell to shoe box guy in a NY minute if he's a good buyer and from NY not Seattle, saves on shipping.

But my point is, some people have poor communication, don't use paypal, you have to drag info out of them over several emails that takes days they want free shipping ect. Other people first email bam I want it, what's your paypal here's my address done deal. Nobody knows who got there first so... Now you don't want to promise one guy then sell to another guy, that would be terrible.

Anyway, I rarely have multiple buyers for airplane stuff so it doesn't really come up. Bottom line is I can keep it all straight and keep everybody happy so please don't try and moderate what I do on other web sites.

MM  
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:20:38 AM by Motorman »

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »
Fortunately for us both, I'm not likely to have anything you're interested in, Jerry. H^^
R,
Chris
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 06:20:04 PM »
Fortunately for us both, I'm not likely to have anything you're interested in, Jerry. H^^
R,
Chris

Chris, Good one! You're probably right. H^^

I'm just a bottom-to-middle of the pack advanced flyer and it doesn't look like I'll be moving up anytime soon!

Oh well........Jerry

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 08:20:33 PM »
And, I'm about where you were when you had 25 flights under your belt....
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 06:47:54 AM »
I always offer what I'm selling in this Forum first, keep it in the family.  LL~ LL~ LL~

And I do look to see who was "first" with a yes or offer. And, as it was said, once it's yours, do with it as you please.  I see no other way to look at it. Even in a trade, do as you please with it, trade it again! It's yours so knock yourself out.

I do believe though, there's a bit more money to be had if the item is sold on ebay.

I have an Enya .29 NIB that I will Post here, but it may not be well received, limited number of modelers.

But on ebay your selling options are greater with modelers viewing from all over the planet. Dat's a bunch of modelers!

I've sent plenty of stuff to other countries and purchased stuff from other countries also, modeling and not modeling related from ebay sales.

I've sent stuff to other countries from SH Forum sales also.

I still give the SH members first dibs on modeling stuff and will always do so.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here