News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pre or new post disapears after warnings  (Read 6758 times)

Offline eric david conley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Pre or new post disapears after warnings
« on: April 12, 2016, 12:03:57 PM »
  #1   I have had trouble while replying to a previous post. I write my reply, I go to post and there is a message that says that someone has posted and do I want to look at it before I post my reply? "NO", I don't want to read it because I'm replying to the post that I had read already not the one that came in while I was typing my reply. 9 time out of 10 my reply then gets lost or disappears and I'm never able to post it?
  #2    Then there is the message that says my reply is to big to post (usually involves picture size) and below it is "BACK" so I hit back thinking I can go back and do something to my post so I can post it again and then find that my post is gone, disappeared, blank, and I look for it and can never find it?

With #1, I would like to never see that warning and just have my reply posted. I'm replying to a particular post, not one that I have never seen.

With #2, I usually check my pictures to make sure I don't go over and my posts are OK but ever once in a while I screw up. I'm sure there must be some way to go back and remove material so the size is OK but I don't know what it is other than hit "BACK" and that sure didn't work for me. I'm a little windy on my reply's and when there wiped out many time I just through up my arms and don't reply.

Maybe I'll just have to live with #2 but I would hope that maybe you could just get rid of the message on #1 and let the reply's go through. Why would I not want my work of art not go through (jest).  Eric
Eric

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Pre or new post disapears after warnings
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:58:10 PM »
Until whatever whatever solutions you may find, try this:
I always use Windows Notepad to save a current post as I go. Mine too, are sometimes lengthy, so I open Notepad(Icon on my taskbar), and when I feel the need, I right click in the forum text editor, select all and copy, paste it in notepad & save as I go. It's saved me from screaming many times. Adding Notepad to the taskbar is the first thing I do when customizing my computer.
Rusty

DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here