News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:28:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who said this and when?  (Read 6915 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Who said this and when?
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:39:42 AM »
"Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane."

I've been meaning to Post this, actually forgot all about it.

Can you name the modeler, and tell me when this was written?

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Who said this and when?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
This sounds like Al Rabe when he started with the Mustangs.

Best,   DennisT

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
This sounds like Al Rabe when he started with the Mustangs.

Best,   DennisT

No Dennis, you don't win a cookie.  LL~
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 04:36:37 AM »
Charles, is this leading to a stunt design question?
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline Gene O'Keefe

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 08:10:38 AM »
Maybe he didn't say it but Mr. Al Rabe gets my vote !!!!   ( although I thought he did state it )
Gene O'Keefe
AMA 28386

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 02:46:51 PM »
not sure that this is relevant unless you have a question,, or are sharing some STUNT design magic?
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »
It could also be said by the fellow that goes by the handle of F4FGuy.  I'm sorry I don't know his real name, but he does some stunning work. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 02:31:51 PM »
It could also be said by the fellow that goes by the handle of F4FGuy.  I'm sorry I don't know his real name, but he does some stunning work. H^^

I know who that "F4FGuy" is and feel fairly certain he would not bother to say such a thing.  and if you cannot bother to do the research to find out who he is, I will not bother to tell you his name.

Keith

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »

Oy!  He signs every post!

Brett

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 08:35:59 PM »
Really Keith?  Jeez!
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 07:00:01 PM »
Sounds like a general statement anyone could say. My guess Windy.

MM

Offline Gene O'Keefe

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »
  Charles -- what is the answer ????
Gene O'Keefe
AMA 28386

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:15 PM »
 Charles -- what is the answer ????

Gene,

Thanks for showing interest.

“Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane.”

David McClellan

I plan on building David McClellan's Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9.

David, is this the kind of challange you're talking about!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:11:56 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 07:01:23 AM »
FW 190 is nice. but whose Stuka is the model? H^^

Ty,

I have plans to David McClellan's Focke-Wulf 190. I'm excited about it. I'd like to talk to others who have built David's Focke-Wulf design, changes possibly? I'd like to keep it as light as possible. I already have a scheme picked out.

Which Stuka model? If you mean the one in the photo, that's my design.

Thanks for the reply and interest.

Edited for spelling
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:11:15 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 11:25:56 AM »
Hey guys.  Time to lighten up a bit. 

The quote Charles posited couldn't have been any more related to stunt model design.  The only thing apparently missing was the word "design" itself-which hardly disqualifies it.

The relationship to this Boards subject matter is inherent to the question itself which could have been asked thus: "How would one go about 'designing' a 'competitive' precision aerobatic 'design' that would reasonably appear as if it could be entered in a precision scale event?"  It is a valid question and one that has been answered effectively by only several of us...most of whom became household names in our small community.  Al Rabe and Keith Trostle come immediately to mind and maybe even that weird dude from up North that had the temerity to competitively fly a close to scale B-17 in stunt at our Nats and at a World Championship.  His name is on the tip of my tongue...hmmm  y1  y1  y1  y1

Ted

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 12:28:38 PM »
Hey guys.  Time to lighten up a bit.  

The quote Charles posited couldn't have been any more related to stunt model design.  The only thing apparently missing was the word "design" itself-which hardly disqualifies it.

The relationship to this Boards subject matter is inherent to the question itself which could have been asked thus: "How would one go about 'designing' a 'competitive' precision aerobatic 'design' that would reasonably appear as if it could be entered in a precision scale event?"  It is a valid question and one that has been answered effectively by only several of us...most of whom became household names in our small community.  Al Rabe and Keith Trostle come immediately to mind and maybe even that weird dude from up North that had the temerity to competitively fly a close to scale B-17 in stunt at our Nats and at a World Championship.  His name is on the tip of my tongue...hmmm  y1  y1  y1  y1

Ted

Ted, you lightened up so much, you never mentioned David McClellan?

Is David McClellan one of those CL household names?

I gotta tell ya, famous or not, David's got a great looking Focke-Wulf. Must be someone out there that has built one?

I for one would like to know more about David McClellan's contributions and his stunt designs.

Never hear anyone drop his name?

Edited for spelling.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:10:09 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »
But don't you build a warbird to get in good with the judges who remember the war? You're building planes for the enemy!

MM

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 04:18:15 PM »
When I saw this photo of the Focke-Wulf I knew I had to build one.

David McClellan's 1980 design isn't all that old actually.

Here's that inspiring photo.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here