News:

• April 19, 2024, 05:45:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tutor II wing and stab  (Read 766 times)

Offline Gary Anderson

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Tutor II wing and stab
« on: August 03, 2008, 01:47:31 AM »
Hi guys,

A friend sold me his tutor II and I decided to change it a little. I have never owned a Legacy, so I think I'm going to install the wing into the Legacy fuse. The Legacy wing is 59 3/8", the Tutor II wing is 54". They seem to have the same wing thickness and the same width. I cut out the fuse and the formers this evening. I want to use my Merco 49 for her, (if not strong enough, the Merco 61 can replace her.) There is nothing wrong with the Tutor II, I just like to do things a little different, its fun, try it you might like it. Of coarse I'll have to make better controls. I would appreciate any input, thank you Gary
Gary Anderson

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Tutor II wing and stab
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 11:46:49 AM »
Add between 3 and 4 inches onto each end of the stabilizer and elevators.  I've had my Tutor II for at least 3 years now and I've still only flown it about 30 times.  It doesn't turn in stock fashion.  It's a little nose heavy with the G51 with a tongue muffler, but the tail area is substantially lower then modern standards.  Another 6-8 inches would give it a much better turn.  An increase in thickness woudln't be a bad idea either. 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here