News:

• April 16, 2024, 11:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Snowbird  (Read 1122 times)

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Snowbird
« on: November 14, 2006, 01:24:53 AM »
Has anyone else noticed a difference between the page 51 plan and Ian Smith's photos?

Seems to me there is a Rib#1 missing to the right of the fuselage and that root fillet block (and flap horn tang) should be the same as the inboard one. That's how it looks in the photos.

Emailed Frank Fanelli, FM Managing Ed, who replied that he sees what I noticed, and will check with the author.

If he comes back with info that there is a 'typo' this way, it is no big thing for those among us who've ordered plans - just add the missing Rib#1, and shift the outboard fillet block/control horn tang to match. If it's correct as printed, we're all set, already.

If/when I get a reply on this from Frank F, I'll make sure to pass it along, in case no one else does.
\BEST\LOU

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Snowbird
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 03:11:42 AM »
The plan omits the first #1 rib, but it shows the #1 where the rib should be at the top where all ribs are numbered. I'm sure it was omitted for all the info written in that space.
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
Re: Snowbird
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:30:37 AM »
The caption on the picture showing the mounting of the elevator horn and the reenforcement of the flaps is garbled also.  I finally figured out that those black lines on the flaps are the pieces of 1/32 ply inserted vertically for the horn to go through.  I had not thought of doing that.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here