News:

• April 24, 2024, 08:20:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FOUND OLD BOX OF PLANS...  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
FOUND OLD BOX OF PLANS...
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:44:54 PM »
Looking for plans of my old updated Avenger 46...from 76 I found an amazing bunch of old plans as well as some interesting collector crappola:

Found my old 77 Seahawker for ST-46 that never got finished. Note that Bob Hunt built me some beautiful collector fully sheeted foam wing panels that I used to build that last FAI Avenger.
Gads after looking at the "SeaChicken-hawker???" Kinda wish I had ordered another set...(except now...those extra oversized flaps...look really scarey...(EXCEPT THAT I HAD PLANNED USING VERY VERY LIMITED FLAP THROW!!!) GADS! I CAN ONLY PONDER HOW MANY PROBLEMS I COULD HAVE FOUND...IF I HAD USED THOSE FLAPS AT NORMAL OL' STING RAY SETTINGS?  LL~
Check out the SCALE topic section...for more details about a beautifulParker- Harley Bracken Scale model 14 foot plan form..that a I also thought was.....LONG GONE!
Don Shultz

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: FOUND OLD BOX OF PLANS...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
Shultzie  I gotta tell you, I recently got a stack of flying model magazines, well several stacks actually, and as I go through them I see a cartoon and think to myself, self, that looks like a Shultz creation.. most times sure enough it is. Heck these old mags are worth it just for your cartoons !
You keep diggin, and you konw what,, sooner than later the bug is gonna sneak into your noggin and you will be hackin some balsa again!
keep diggin man, keep diggin, we need more of your treasures,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 02:15:20 PM »
Thanks Mark...my brotha-in dope fumes.... for the ol-kootoes'  LL~ Uhh? Yeh...some of them...were really demented, huh?
Forgive us...folks!
Mark and I over the years....it would appear that due to our years in professionally sniffin paint fumes...
GEEEEEEEEE WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! IT HASN'T TURT'UZZZAAAAABIT!!! n~
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 03:36:11 PM »
Donnie,

This is not the same plane (the Seahawker) that Paul Walker was flying in the early 80s is it? Paul flew a dark blue and teal green job called the Seahawker. Paint was a match for the then Seahawks uniforms. Just curious. I'd love to see the full sized view.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »
SPEAKING OFF< Donny old boy,, we need to talk about this set-o-destructions on my wall at home, my girlyfriend is saying stuff about my wall hangings,, guess that means I am gonna have to build it so the plans can come off the wall. I need to ask you some questions,, so pop your memory pills one day and let me know hows to get ahold of you! for a verbalizing exploration of just how few brain cells are reamining intact.
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »
That's great. I harass Don endlessly about getting a set of plans for the Avenger 35 and what does he do" Sends them to Mark. I feel so unloved.   HB~>
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 08:58:38 AM »
Randy,
he probably figured that I was still a corruptable soul, and that being so, he decided it was more productive to corrupt me, that or he figured you may do somethign wild with his baby,, roflmao LL~ LL~
They are pretty nice plans,, like I say, this summer baby, gonna have me a jetter new wavey stuntaroony machine,, I just really hope I dont end up looking like him?
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 01:28:38 PM »
LOVE THAT HANGER-RAZZZZZZZ JOB! U MEAN THAT MY BELOVED BROTHER PAUL WALKER USED MY NAMESAKE DRAWING.....THE FIRST SEAHAWKER WAS A 1/2A PLAN THAT WAS PUBLISHED LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LONG AGO...IN SOME MODEL MAGAZINE!  I still have that one somewhere in my dirtbags of old magazine crap...(in truth...I "borrowed" the measurements for that little 1/2 A Seahawker from that very successful little "PINTO"...added my zippy lookin fuselage...GADS! WHAT A THIEF...BUT I JUST COULDN'T SEE BLOWIN SO MUCH TIME BUILDING A FULL SIZED 46 VERSION....if it didn't fly right.
However..I did hear from the stunt grape vine...that little Seahawker and its name sake was a gift to anyone who was lucky enough to be first on the field with one.
BOILS DOWN TO.... YA SNOOOOOZE...YAAAA LOSE! When it comes to buildin' stunt machines? LL~
SORRY I DIDN'T SEE OR HEAR ABOUT PAUL'S SEAHAWKER...GEE! WONDER WHY HE NEVER MENTIONED THAT TO HIS
OLD BOEING BUD...THE RETARDO-DON THE OLD DO NUTTIN STUNT GRUNT? LL~ H^^

OK! RANDY...SORRY MY FRIEND...
GO TO THE TIDES...
AFTER WORK...
CALL ME AT HOME..
BUY ME A BUDLITE....
I WILL DRIVE DOWN TO "THE TIDES TAVERN"
 AND TRADE THOSE PLANS FOR THAT BOTTLE OF BUDSKI?
again...here is the scan...
(Hey Randy...sorry budski...at first I didn't really think you or Mark weren't too interested...)
but Hey Mark..that rib info...was not an oversight...but simply a ploy by me to ENCOURAGE ANY ONE REALLY INTERESTED OR SERIOUS ENOUGH  IN BUILDING THE BEST FLYING AVENGER OR SEAHAWKER...SHOULD INVEST FIRST AND FORMOST INTO OUR ROBIN BOBBY HUNT SHEETED FOAM WINGS!!! TRUST ME!!! ESPECIALLY FOR MEAGER BUILDERS WHO OFTEN IN HASTE...BUILD IN SOOOO MANY WARPS AND MIS ALIGNMENT BUGGA-BOOHOO'S  WHEN BUILDING THOSE BEAUTIFUL BUT FRAGILE AND OFTEN DOWNRIGHT NASTY MULTI-FALSE I BEEEAMISH WINGS...and with that!!!
THOSE BOB HUNT WINGS ARE TRULY WORTH EVERY CENT...OPPS! DOLLAR INVESTED! In truth...at least for this old nerd de poor...I WOULDN'T BUILD ANOTHER STUNT SHIP WITHOUT A BEAUTIFUL HUNT WING!
Don Shultz

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 02:50:49 PM »
Now Shultzie,,
take a deep breath, I need some real info here,,, did you build this with a foamy Bob Hunt magic wing ? or was it only the later one that was a foamy wingy,,? see I need the outside to look like the original version to be classic legal,, Yeah I love foam wings too, but, hey its a North west bird, and I think they would know if I were to cheat it and use a foamy instead of a built up. Randy and I are conspiring anyhow,, you dont even know how much deep dd you are in buddy lol muaha ha ha
 S?P VD~ %^@
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 03:53:56 PM »
Now Shultzie,,
take a deep breath, I need some real info here,,, or did you build this with a foamy Bob Hunt magic wing ? was it only the later one that was a foamy wingy,,? see I need the outside to look like the original version to be classic legal,, Yeah I love foam wings too, but, hey its a North west bird, and I think they would know if I were to cheat it and use a foamy instead of a built up. Randy and I are conspiring anyhow,, you dont even know how much deep dd you are in buddy lol muaha ha ha
 S?P VD~ %^@

YES! THE ORIGNIAL WAS BUILT IN THE FALL OF 69 WITH THE MULTI-RIB WING...
YES! THE LAST AVENGER WAS WITH BOB HUNT'S BEAUIFUL FOAM WINGS!
Don Shultz

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 04:00:24 PM »
WELL THEN,  guess that sticks me to the fancy looking pretty wing with all the ribs then to be classic legal,, at least 100%. hmmm guess I could take the hit, but that ribbed wing is to cool, ok that snags it then,, ribs it is
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »
WELL THEN,  guess that sticks me to the fancy looking pretty wing with all the ribs then to be classic legal,, at least 100%. hmmm guess I could take the hit, but that ribbed wing is to cool, ok that snags it then,, ribs it is

YES! CLASSICALLY LEGAL...with the ribs...but?????
(Classical body...with a non classical Bob Hunt wing)
1/2 classical and half not??? hummm?
kinda pickleeesad in a way...huh?
Uhhh?
Does that mean that you have to find some old Ambroid...and cans of AeroGloss to build it with?
or Hobbypoxy 5 minute LL~ LL~ Sorry bout that Mark?
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »
Yes, Don. It will be build all with Ambroid and Aero-Gloss. Uh huh.  LL~
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 04:58:33 PM »
NOpe Nope, no apology needed there big guy, I like the look, ok so I actually love the look, as a painter solid sheeted wings are way way easier to do cool stuff on paitn wise, but nothing looks as sweet as all them ribs reflecting the light,,and heck I enjoy carvin balsa too so its all good either way! NOw if we did a classic class up to 79,, then the smooth look would be definetly in. Besides that my dope sniffin brethern,, a sheeted wing gets to use all modern chemicals, catalyzed stuff, a fabric covered plane lets me sniff more dope! so its all good,,, doncha know y1
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 06:57:53 PM »
NOpe Nope, no apology needed there big guy, I like the look, ok so I actually love the look, as a painter solid sheeted wings are way way easier to do cool stuff on paitn wise, but nothing looks as sweet as all them ribs reflecting the light,,and heck I enjoy carvin balsa too so its all good either way! NOw if we did a classic class up to 79,, then the smooth look would be definetly in. Besides that my dope sniffin brethern,, a sheeted wing gets to use all modern chemicals, catalyzed stuff, a fabric covered plane lets me sniff more dope! so its all good,,, doncha know y1

Uhhhh Careful...Mark
This is from an old OOOSAAAAA film that we were shown to all painters at the Wind tunnel many years ago...and here is our poster boy who just helped me paint my last windtunnel display model. Bye the way....my face was even worse than his...but it was just too graphic for everyone...who had to watch that early morning stand up meeting.
Who says....that Emmmeeerooonie paint catalyzed stuff ullll hurtya?  VD~ LL~ :X n~
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »

Mark,

PAMPA Classic rules (only *Classic* rules out there!) do not require the wing construction to be *anything*.  Dimensions, airfoil and such cannot be changed.  The simplest way is to build a Tom Dixon *Kept Foam* wing.  Sheet the LE, TE, and add cap strips to the foam.  A whole lots of them out there.  And in no way against the rules at all.  You can even go as far as he is doing now (Pegasus article in FM) and cut the foam out from between the *ribs*. 
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 12:25:26 PM »
Tom Dixon foam wings....?????
I can assure you that BOB HUNT'S BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED-SHEETED FOAM WINGS are the ones that were used in the later Avenger models with perfection, plus I think he just may still have  the rib temps.
I have never seen a Tom Dixon foameee' but knowing first hand just what a gifted artist Bob Hunt is----why choose anything less.

CHECK WITH BOB HUNT FIRST!

robinhunt@rcn.com
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »
Donaldo,

I was referring to the technique of *sheeting* the foam cores which make the wing appear to be a built up ribbed wing when finished.  I have no idea who cuts Tom's cores, he just published the *kept foam* technique not long after Bob introduced the *lost foam* technique.  I have seen more than one Classic plane done this way since then.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »
Bill, I considered that approach in actuallity, ,however this wing is built more like a I beamer,, In that there is NO leading edge sheeting, so that is a problem. I had a great idea, new and novel, never before thought of, I actually called Bob Hunt about it,, poof, my new great plan was not so new, he been there, done that and said it diddnt work out that well,, so, I have decided to build the wing from the gossomer threads of spider webs like Randy builds his. I think its time for some bloodletting on my part, so million kajillion parts and peices ,, as soon as I get my 109 , my Oriental done, oh and get Jessicas Shark 402 done too, ,so probably get started in may,,
of THIS year thank you,, lol,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »
Better get to work with that young lady and the Shark 402.  Otherwise she may take your number ship to fly. 

Seeing the face on the young man using two part paints makes me glad I listened to the paint man and got a good double filter mask and goggles.  I asked him about brushing the stuff and he didn't have an answer for that.  Later,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here