Design > Stunt design

Propeller precession

(1/25) > >>

Mark wood:
I would like to open a dialog about propeller precession and it's impact on the flying qualities of the model. Suppose the impact of precession could be virtually eliminated, hypothetically speaking... Before you jump up and say it is impossible take a step back and do the "what if" pondering. Suppose, if it could be done, how much weight penalty would be worth paying to achieve it? An ounce? Four?

The first steps to doing the impossible are understanding the obstacles. Impossible is that which your mind prevents you from doing.

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Mark wood on October 05, 2020, 08:52:19 AM ---I would like to open a dialog about propeller precession and it's impact on the flying qualities of the model. Suppose the impact of precession could be virtually eliminated, hypothetically speaking... Before you jump up and say it is impossible take a step back and do the "what if" pondering. Suppose, if it could be done, how much weight penalty would be worth paying to achieve it? An ounce? Four?

The first steps to doing the impossible are understanding the obstacles. Impossible is that which your mind prevents you from doing.

--- End quote ---
D>K :! :o :'( #^

Mark wood:
I know, right... Crickets. I wanted to spark the conversation because I was playing around with an idea and it produced some results I wasn't expecting although with my background I should have. I'm guessing from looking around that there have been some interesting things happen like coaxial systems and such which had some positive and more negative reactions. So, I'm guessing there isn't much interest in discussion about how far would we go and how open minded we might be.

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Mark wood on October 05, 2020, 03:51:11 PM ---I know, right... Crickets. I wanted to spark the conversation because I was playing around with an idea and it produced some results I wasn't expecting although with my background I should have. I'm guessing from looking around that there have been some interesting things happen like coaxial systems and such which had some positive and more negative reactions. So, I'm guessing there isn't much interest in discussion about how far would we go and how open minded we might be.

--- End quote ---
So let's beat your idea around, what is it?

Ken

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Mark wood on October 05, 2020, 03:51:11 PM ---I know, right... Crickets. I wanted to spark the conversation because I was playing around with an idea and it produced some results I wasn't expecting although with my background I should have. I'm guessing from looking around that there have been some interesting things happen like coaxial systems and such which had some positive and more negative reactions. So, I'm guessing there isn't much interest in discussion about how far would we go and how open minded we might be.

--- End quote ---

Alternately, you posted something at 8 in the morning and were expecting learned responses by 3 the same afternoon, and then claimed the "delay"  as people being "closed-minded" - when you haven't even bothered to show your "solution".  It's would easy to see that and conclude you are spoiling for an argument.

It would be a lot better if you posted your idea with enough detail to evaluate it, then wait for a day or two, before you start calling people out.

Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version