News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pathfinder  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Jim Morris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Pathfinder
« on: August 30, 2021, 12:06:35 PM »
Hello, I have a question about the Pathfinder, ARF,ARC or indifferent. The one thing I dont like about the Pathfinder is the nose gear. Has anybody ever built an ARF, ARC or indifferent Pathfinder with a conventional gear? Everything I have read is it flies great. Was looking at the Pathfinder or Cardinal. Ive been out of it for some time and need some stick time.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Pathfinder
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 12:42:41 PM »
Hi Jim
There are at least a couple ways to make the PF a tail dragger.  Easiest is to swap the wing gear from side to side so they angle forward instead of aft.  I would opt to get the axles forward roughly directly under the wing LE - but I like it more forward than most.

I converted my PF-ARF to electric & to a fuselage mounted gear using Brodak Aluminum Gear #BH-1776 and Fiberglass Wheel Pants #BH-856

In either case you have to cobble up a tail wheel system.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Jim Morris

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 02:30:04 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I havent seen a PF in a long time so wasnt really aware of the wing mounted gear, which I like BTW. Then again when you think about it, its really the only way to make a tricycle gear, (I guess).

Offline Jim Morris

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 02:30:36 PM »
Was the original a tricycle gear?

Offline Jim Morris

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 02:31:49 PM »
Hi Jim
There are at least a couple ways to make the PF a tail dragger.  Easiest is to swap the wing gear from side to side so they angle forward instead of aft.  I would opt to get the axles forward roughly directly under the wing LE - but I like it more forward than most.

I converted my PF-ARF to electric & to a fuselage mounted gear using Brodak Aluminum Gear #BH-1776 and Fiberglass Wheel Pants #BH-856

In either case you have to cobble up a tail wheel system.
Nice looking plane

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 02:55:11 PM »
Was the original a tricycle gear?

Yes.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here