News:

• April 18, 2024, 04:56:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paging George Knott!  (Read 829 times)

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Paging George Knott!
« on: May 09, 2007, 07:34:29 AM »
Hi George,

I remembered the thread on Ron Burn's F-4-F Wildcat, and thought of something for you!

Pat Johnston does absolutely wonderful CAD plans for a lot of "scale" stunters.  He has a .60 size Wildcat he designed for Bill Hummel.  He reduced them slightly for me so that I can use a T&L ST G51.  It was a small percentage reduction, down to about 625 sq. in.,  but he can blow up or reduce any of his plans to suit the size you need.

I recently asked him for a ".35 size Zero" which he can do, no problem, so a .35 or .40 size Wildcat would be a simple thing for him.  (don't shoot me, Pat! ;D )

If you are interested in these planes, please get hold of Pat.  I do not have his contact info here at work, but someone else will jump in with it, I hope!

Bill Little <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Paging George Knott!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
Pat is a great guy and does great plans too, hes my design mentor, however he is out of the country for the rest of the week. He is in Brazil with the contigent there that built his P-47 design for the nats,, he should be back end of week. I too dont have his contact info handy its at home.
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 10:57:06 AM »
Hi Mark,

I found Pat's email addy and PM'ed George with it. ;D

Didn't want to post it in public, seems there is an aversion to doing that, and I didn't ask Pat permission to publicly post it.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline George Knott

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:50:23 AM »
Hi George,

I remembered the thread on Ron Burn's F-4-F Wildcat, and thought of something for you!

Pat Johnston does absolutely wonderful CAD plans for a lot of "scale" stunters.  He has a .60 size Wildcat he designed for Bill Hummel.  He reduced them slightly for me so that I can use a T&L ST G51.  It was a small percentage reduction, down to about 625 sq. in.,  but he can blow up or reduce any of his plans to suit the size you need.

I recently asked him for a ".35 size Zero" which he can do, no problem, so a .35 or .40 size Wildcat would be a simple thing for him.  (don't shoot me, Pat! ;D )

If you are interested in these planes, please get hold of Pat.  I do not have his contact info here at work, but someone else will jump in with it, I hope!

Bill Little <><

Z@@ZZZ  :! Dear Bill (Admiral),
   Sorry 'bout this Sir!
   Don't worry I have just put myself on report.  I only just found your post. Sorry! Lately, l have been on the dark side of the moon and subject to comm blackout. Both Pink Floyd and Doctor Phil understand. LL~ However, I am very grateful to you for keeping me in mind regarding the F4F airplane (Hello F4FGuy). It appears from my view that that group of Brazilian stunt flyers have embraced the P-47 Thunderbolt design. A sense of style.  I believe, it is mainly Pats  Johnstons design too. l'll search this out.
   D>K Best Regards:
   George Knott.

Offline George Knott

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 03:30:38 AM »
Pat is a great guy and does great plans too, hes my design mentor, however he is out of the country for the rest of the week. He is in Brazil with the contigent there that built his P-47 design for the nats,, he should be back end of week. I too dont have his contact info handy its at home.

Z@@ZZZ
Howdy Mark. My apologies with my response. I thank you for your input. From my view, it appears that small band of Brazilian C/L stunt flyers have a zeal for the P-47 D (Bubbletop) Thunderbolt design, which I believe are of mostly of Pat Johnstons design. Fantastic to see these modellers dedication. Further, I understand a number of Latin American countries at some stage in their history pressed the P-47 Thunderbolt into service with their respective air arms. These Brazilians seem to have picked up the thread, and their P-47's look to be extremely well finished as well.
  :!  No doubt about them, these Brazilians know a semi-scale stunt modelling subject when they see one! The "Jug" is certainly appealing.
Do you think every budding semi-scale stunt flyer should have one?  y1
Best Regards: George Knott.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 11:28:34 AM »
Hi George,

As to every budding semi scale stunt flyer and the P-47_______  you could do a LOT WORSE than that design! y1  The P-47 makes a good stunt ship whether it is Billy's or Pat's design.

The guys in this event are about as fine of gentlemen you will ever meet.  Any of them will be more thanglad to help in your quest.  (just don't ask them when they are getting ready for an official flight! LOL!!)
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here