News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: P-47 t-Bolt .  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
P-47 t-Bolt .
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:44:07 PM »
Threw out drawings for this. Fortunately Id kept the ' Lay Out ' Drgs. scribble . So last knight . . . .

Scale planform. on Wing anyway . 56 inch span 600 sq. in. odd . maybe 610 .

As Id tripped over a ' fat ' fuse. drg. , I got no rest till Id fiddled round with that too . Its the ' loose ' arty one !

Wings 13 O.A. root chord. 2 3/4 flap . 8 in nose . 8 1/2 on Fat. 15 1/2 ? tail moment - more on fat .

Concerned as to tail moment . Though TWO INCH sweep on T.E. Compensates , still . The ' Leverage . . . narrowish flaps tho . . .

Any Debate , constructive critisism etc . Fuse.d be moulded . 1/8th sht. dressed to 3/32 .

Como 51 pokes its head out on the small fuse . ST 60 ditto on the fatter. just. both. Tho 51 stays inside the fat nose o.k.

Sore Head . will back off it now for a week to disentage it .  H^^

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: P-47 t-Bolt .
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:46:24 PM »
Thisisthe afterthought fuselage , though ' appearance ' would be way more real withit Id think .

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:44:41 PM by Air Ministry . »

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 10:08:12 PM »
I would think at least a 17 inch hinge line to hinge line.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 11:30:51 PM »
Thanks .
Already done , on the Fatter Fuselage . Or 16 3/4 anyway . But if I move the elevator hinge to ' scale ' in line with the rudder , it's dead on 17 . Means a hollow in the rudder for the horn , on ' up ' .
Theres 2 inch T.E. sweep forward . Dunno if this might mean the moments effectvely 1 inch more , or " it dosnt work like that " .
Looking at the ' Fat Fuse ' , I redrew it from a scale bubble canopy scale layout , again .

Initially laid it over that and saw the back came up more , muttered and fumed . THEN . . .
a few days later saw if I set the two drawings aligned, they aligned . . . Bar the thrust line & incidences . ( all 10 year olds should be taught how to spell that . )

So , employing the cunning trick , for semi scale stuff, Of running a few degrees of + in the wing & tail , itll we believe look more realistic ,
Nose Down cruise level , tail down cruise inverted .

Might try the 1/8 per 12 in ' downthrust ' in the engine cradle too . ( near one degree ) trick .

Ply doublers ? outside the bearers running back to the wing spar to form a inner nose box , to build the front around - With the moulded rear shell seems the trick .
Been playing round with P-47 drawings for a while . Trying to figure a light reaso0nbly realistic set up .

Looks like a head fin less , or side shaved ST 60 head'd fit in a glass fibre cowl , at least . Getting on the Too Much Power is Not enough bandwagon .
Which beats the not enough power might almost work, but not quite- falling off the edge concern .  :P

Reading through all sorts of top line articals last night , no onder the heads sore . A 20 % tailplane / elevator set up would seem minimal . Maybe go for 23 % .

Goota do the line drawings for a partical board fuse plug / mold . Be nice to do a concrete or plaster ' outer mold ' to fitt out shells with stringers & half bulkheads ,
So assembled ' fitted out ' , like the did on the de H Mosquito & Hornet .  n~

H^^
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 09:59:58 PM by Air Ministry . »

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 09:18:36 PM »
Hurumph ,

Going to 60 in span for a 75 ,

Should do the trick and scare the neighbours . And match my P 51 rear .

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here