Design > Stunt design

My Adventure of “Turning to the Dark Side”

<< < (2/4) > >>

Walter Hicks:
Dennis , Excellent article, very good information. You also gave a very well documented explanation of why one of my flying buddies Mike Massey had such big problems with his electric set up hunting all over the place. Keep up the good work.

Tim Just:
Dennis, thanks for sharing this. Great information.
Tim

Mike Alimov:
Dennis,
I might have a couple of tidbits for you, after reading about your adventures "on the dark side".  You mentioned that the RPM as set in the timer programmer were different from RPM as measured by a tach.  I noticed that you are using a Talon 60 ESC (by the way, a Talon 35 would be sufficient), and might have an explanation.  If your programmer doesn't have a menu option for a "Talon HIGH RPM" mode, this is an older version.  Will Hubin offers an updated chip for the programmer (less than $10, I think) which has the new "Talon HIGH RPM" mode, and then your programmed and actual RPM will match to within < 50 RPM. 
Also, to increase the line tension further, increase the outboard motor offset to 3 - 3.5 degrees; the difference between 2 and 3 degrees outboard is substantial, and I did not observe any negative side effects.

Dennis Nunes:

--- Quote from: Mike Alimov on October 23, 2020, 01:51:42 PM ---Dennis,
I might have a couple of tidbits for you, after reading about your adventures "on the dark side".  You mentioned that the RPM as set in the timer programmer were different from RPM as measured by a tach.  I noticed that you are using a Talon 60 ESC (by the way, a Talon 35 would be sufficient), and might have an explanation.  If your programmer doesn't have a menu option for a "Talon HIGH RPM" mode, this is an older version.  Will Hubin offers an updated chip for the programmer (less than $10, I think) which has the new "Talon HIGH RPM" mode, and then your programmed and actual RPM will match to within < 50 RPM. 
Also, to increase the line tension further, increase the outboard motor offset to 3 - 3.5 degrees; the difference between 2 and 3 degrees outboard is substantial, and I did not observe any negative side effects.

--- End quote ---

Hi Mike,
The FM-9 timer is a newer one and has the "Talon HIGH RPM" setting.   :) Thanks for the tip on the motor offset.

Dennis

Crist Rigotti:
Dennis,
Good article.  Thanks for taking the time to write and share it with everybody.

My Agenda (RIP) that I had at the Nats always like to hunt.  It would drive me crazy!  The Trip Strips sound s like a good idea.  Is there anywhere a detailed description of those tools and sizes of the strips to use? 

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version