Design > Stunt design

My Adventure of “Turning to the Dark Side”

<< < (4/4)

Crist Rigotti:
Nice video.  I like the way Dave does a few loops and a H8 and then proceeds to put in a 525 point flight!

Looks like a very nice flying model.  Good for you.

Dennis Nunes:

--- Quote from: Crist Rigotti on February 26, 2021, 06:50:41 AM ---Nice video.  I like the way Dave does a few loops and a H8 and then proceeds to put in a 525 point flight!

--- End quote ---

Isn't it amazing. Dave could be flying a barn door and he can make it look good!  y1

Dennis

Ted Fancher:
Very nice Dennis!

The airplane looks pretty darn good.  Just curious if David suggested shortening the down line a tad at the handle to balance out the inside/outside sizes and corner radii?...or other adjustment he felt would balance them out better and not require altered pilot effort for the input to try to make sizes/corners identical.  Just seemed like the outsides were frequently larger and the corners softer than their inside partners.  that was pretty much the only thing that jumped out at me on a consistent basis.

p.s. Hope you docked him for the vertical backside to the triangles, too!  n1 n1 y1

On the other hand you'd never get me to allow anyone to film my first flight on somebody else's ship!

Once again; Bravo!

Ted

Dennis Nunes:

--- Quote from: Ted Fancher on March 07, 2021, 06:23:47 PM ---...Just curious if David suggested shortening the down line a tad at the handle to balance out the inside/outside sizes and corner radii?...or other adjustment he felt would balance them out better and not require altered pilot effort for the input to try to make sizes/corners identical.  Just seemed like the outsides were frequently larger and the corners softer than their inside partners.  that was pretty much the only thing that jumped out at me on a consistent basis...

--- End quote ---
There were several adjustments we eventually made. (1) added some nose weight, (2) moved the leadouts back, (3) added a balsa tab to the outboard flap to increase flap area and (4) did several adjustments to the handle (line length and spacing). Great eye Ted!

Dennis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version